• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Y'all are boring today

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
5101.jpg

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Feel like blabbing so here goes. When I worked for the transmission company I was given the job of working with the oil companies in regard to re-writing our oil specs. I got to interact with the smartest oil guys from Exxon-Mobil, BP(Castrol) etc. One day BP came in and during our conversation about regular or synthetic multi-vis oils one of them told about an executive in their company that bought a brand new Mercedes and filled it with Mobil 1. He drove that car 500,000 miles without changing the oil or the filter. He then sent the oil to be tested to compare it to new Mobil 1. It was as good as new! He could have gone even longer. Synthetic oil does not "shear down" as fast as regular multi-vis oil. When multi-vis oils "shear down" they take the characteristics of the lighter oil. The base oil is the light oil and additives make it heavier at higher temperature. They did this while they were developing their own Castrol synthetic oil. Since then I have used nothing but synthetic (usually Mobil 1) oil in my vehicles. I thought I'd pass that bit of info on to my buddies here at Shottalk.
I've been using Mobil 1 in my car since it was new...it's about to turn over 200k miles and runs like a champ. I change it every 7500-10000 miles...depending on when I get to it. I've had oil analysis done at 10k miles and it was shown to have depleted additives, but was probably good for another 5k...but oil is very cheap compared to engine replacement so I just change it at 10k.

My new('12) corolla says every 10k right in the owners manual.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
A trucker goes into a whorehouse and hands the Madam five hundred dollars. He says "I want your ugliest woman and a bologna sandwich. The Madam says "For that kind of money, you could have one of my finest girls and surf and turf". The trucker says "I'm not horny, I'm homesick".

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
In a boomerang shop: "I'd like to buy a new boomerang please. Also, can you tell me how to throw the old one away?"
--

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
A guy starts talking to two women in a bar, they turn out to be Siamese twins, and they wind up back at his apartment. He makes love to one, and then starts to work on the other. He realizes that the first one might get bored watching, so he her asks what she'd like to do. She says "Is that a trombone in the corner? I'd love to play your trombone". So she plays it while he screws her sister. A few weeks later, the girls are walking past the guy's apartment building. One of the girls says "Let's stop up and see that guy". The other girl says "Gee... do you think he'd remember us?"

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Just got back from a friends funeral who drowned last week. I got a lot of abuse from the relatives about my floral tribute in the shape a life jacket. But as I told everyone "It's what he would have wanted"

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
An efficiency expert concluded his lecture with a note of caution. "You don't want to try these techniques at home". "Why not?" asked somebody from the audience. "I watched my wife's routine at breakfast for years" the expert explained. "She made lots of trips between the refrigerator, stove, table and cabinets, often carrying a single item at a time. One day I told her, 'Hon, why don't you try carrying several things at once?'" "Did it save time?" the person in the audience asked. "Actually, yes" replied the expert. "It used to take her 20 minutes to make breakfast. Now I do it in seven".

🔥 Latest posts