• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Y'all are boring today

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
bicycle-bar-GoDownsize.jpg

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Feel like blabbing so here goes. When I worked for the transmission company I was given the job of working with the oil companies in regard to re-writing our oil specs. I got to interact with the smartest oil guys from Exxon-Mobil, BP(Castrol) etc. One day BP came in and during our conversation about regular or synthetic multi-vis oils one of them told about an executive in their company that bought a brand new Mercedes and filled it with Mobil 1. He drove that car 500,000 miles without changing the oil or the filter. He then sent the oil to be tested to compare it to new Mobil 1. It was as good as new! He could have gone even longer. Synthetic oil does not "shear down" as fast as regular multi-vis oil. When multi-vis oils "shear down" they take the characteristics of the lighter oil. The base oil is the light oil and additives make it heavier at higher temperature. They did this while they were developing their own Castrol synthetic oil. Since then I have used nothing but synthetic (usually Mobil 1) oil in my vehicles. I thought I'd pass that bit of info on to my buddies here at Shottalk.
bs.gif

(his story, not yours)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.