• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You make the call...

Do you give John Daly an exemption?

• Yes

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Let's say you are a tournament functionary and you have the ability to grant John Daly an exemption to play in your event.

Do you?

discuss.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I voted yes, he seems to have cleaned his act up, is saying all the right things. As long as he keeps his $hit together and the most embarrassing thing he does is wear Loudmouth Golf pants, I say invite him. He is a huge drawing card and is playing good golf right now.

He seems to understand this is his last chance, knows he has wasted years of his natural talent. I for one have my fingers crossed he will keep his $hit together this time. But I'm not holding my breath.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I voted yes, he seems to have cleaned his act up, is saying all the right things. As long as he keeps his $hit together and the most embarrassing thing he does is wear Loudmouth Golf pants, I say invite him. He is a huge drawing card and is playing good golf right now.

He seems to understand this is his last chance, knows he has wasted years of his natural talent. I for one have my fingers crossed he will keep his $hit together this time. But I'm not holding my breath.

What he said. Thanx for saving me the typing dubya.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
If it's my tourney and I want to sell tickets? Absolutely!

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I'll play devil's advocate here. The man's a multiple addict, and letting him play before we're sure he's sober for good is just enabling him.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Good point Claire.
My view is that there is no such thing as bad press. The fans love him and he would be a draw, no doubt about it. The corporate people have a different view it seems.

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
I don't see how you don't put this guy in... he's a draw, he's obviously attemmpting to turn over a new leaf, and he boosts any draw. I happen to like him, but even if you don't, nobody can deny that he's going to be a draw; moreso than a lot of the top players in the world.

A.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Depends who else is in the field. If I already have Tiger, I will take a pass on JD. If Tiger is not playing, then I will need a draw to sell tickets and JD would be invited.

Members online