• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You might as well be brutally honest!

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
ezra76 said:
I modeled it after Adam Scott so that is what I am trying to accomplish..... I don't want anyone trying to make any real big changes in my swing. I would like a video of what I am doing when I hit the shots I am trying to, that would be nice to have.

I too avoided lessons except when I used to get them for free. I like to think that I've got a good knowledge of swing mechanics so I was convinced I knew what was best for myself. An hour on video soon opened my eyes! I had always tried to model myself on Faldo in his prime and then changed this to Els. However with my build (skinny), I struggled to maintain the angles as they do and after years of kidding myself i changed my swing and simplified everything as much as possible (hopefully not too dis-similar to Adam Scott, but that might be wishful thinking on my part).

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You say you have an unusual body structure (short arms / long legs). Have you been professionally fitted for your irons?

I can see why the longer irons might be more of a problem (besides the fact that they are more of a problem for all us hackers out there...) because you swing with a very fast tempo, which demands good timing.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe the cell phone video is the culprit, making it look faster than it really is...or maybe my molasses tempo has me thinking your maple syrup swing is fast. Or maybe the lack of coffee when I viewed it make it look faster. I just watched it again, and you're right, it does seem to be a pretty moderate tempo.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
EnglishGolfer said:
I am starting to like you (in a manly way of course, ahem!)
"I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK. I sleeps all night and I works all day..."

Hoping you are a Python fan (that's MONTY Python, for all you other sick-minded folks...), else I won't have anything else to do with ya'!

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
maple syrup, pythons and lumberjacks...

sounds like the makings of a brokeback mountain sequel! :)

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Eracer said:
"I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK. I sleeps all night and I works all day..."

Hoping you are a Python fan (that's MONTY Python, for all you other sick-minded folks...), else I won't have anything else to do with ya'!

Of course and here is the best sketch of the lot

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.
Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?
Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.
Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?
MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.
GC: A cup ' COLD tea.
EI: Without milk or sugar.
TG: OR tea!
MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.
EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.
GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.
TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.
MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."
EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.
GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!
TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!
MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.
EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpaulin, but it was a house to US.
GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!
TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.
MP: Cardboard box?
TG: Aye.
MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!
GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!
TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.
EI: Right! I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.
ALL: Nope, nope..

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Brilliant of course, but what about this one?

Man: Good morning, I'd like to buy a cat.

Shopkeeper: Certainly sir. I've got a lovely terrier. [indicates a box on the counter]

Man: no, I want a cat really.

Shopkeeper: [taking box off counter and then putting it back on counter as if it is a different box] Oh yeah, how about that?

Man: [looking in box] No, that's the terrier.

Shopkeeper: Well, it's as near as, dammit.

Man: Well what do you mean? I want a cat.

Shopkeeper: Listen, tell you what. I'll file its legs down a bit, take its snout out, stick a few wires through its cheeks. There you are, a lovely ***** cat.

Man: Its not a proper cat.

Shopkeeper: What do you mean?

Man: Well it wouldn't miaow.

Shopkeeper: Well it would howl a bit.

Man: No, no, no, no. Er, have you got a parrot?

Shopkeeper: No, I'm afraid not. Actually guv, we're fresh out of parrots. I'll tell you what though ... I'll lop its back legs off, make good, strip the fur, stick a couple of wings on and staple on a beak of your own choice. [taking small box and rattling it] No problem. Lovely parrot.

Man: How long would that take?

Shopkeeper: Oh, let me see ... er, stripping the fur off, no legs ... [calling]Harry ... can you do a parrot job on this terrier straight away?

Harry: [off-screen] No, I'm still putting a tuck in the Airedale, and then I got the frogs to let out.

Shopkeeper: Friday?

Man: No I need it for tomorrow. It's a present.

Shopkeeper: Oh dear, it's a long job. You see parrot conversion ... Tell you what though - for free, terriers make lovely fish. I mean I could do that for you straight away. Legs off, fins on, stick a little pipe through the back of its neck so it can breathe, bit of gold paint, make good ...

Man: You'd need a very big tank.

Shopkeeper: It's a great conversation piece.

Man: Yes, all right, all right ... but, er, only if I can watch.

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
By the way, great Monty Python posts!!!
awww.websmileys.com_sm_fingers_fing32.gif

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Big Brother Dunk said:
It won't open for me.:(

For some reason Putfile seems to be a little tempramental. You only want to see it because you want to get me back for what I said about your swing lol

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
EnglishGolfer said:
For some reason Putfile seems to be a little tempramental. You only want to see it because you want to get me back for what I said about your swing lol
HAH!:D

Well it certainly can't be any worse than mine.

Members online

No members online now.