• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Best Practical Jokes

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
just wondering what some good practical jokes were that you've pulled on someone, or had pulled on you.

lets hear 'em!

i'll get the ball rolling

best one i've pulled was on my friend and his girlfriend. both of their 18th birthdays were on the same day (crazy coincidence) and they had a nice little party with 98% of the people attending being family members from both sides. the two had been a couple since 8th grade and were beyond close (recently engaged so it happens)....so as a present, i bought them baby clothes....which, upon being opened, prompted an immediate interrogation of the couple by their families as to whether the girlfriend was pregnant at the ripe age of 18 or not. i'm rolling around on the ground laughing off to the side while they are given the business by their parents for nearly twenty minutes and get hounded several more times the following weeks.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Thats terrible man!:p

Lol, alright, so I work detailing cars, we do the washing and vac outside, and have another better vac inside, my buddy was vacuuming a service car and so i pulled the vac he was using inside around the corner and pulled the other one outside that wasnt being used, turned it on and turned off the one he was using so he still heard the noise but it wasnt actually on.

He was hitting the hose thinking it was clogged, kicked the working vacuum thinking it was broken, turned it on and off, all the while never actually looking at the cords cuz theyre so long and a mess... My other friend and me were inside laughing our asses off and he looks around and sees the vac he was acually using after about 5 mins finally figured it out.

It was priceless watching him wonder why it wasnt working!

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Way back when I was a teenager, we used to go way down a dirt road near a river to party. There weren't any houses around so nobody was disturbed if we cranked up car stereos, etc.

One night shortly after graduation, one of my buddies was going to take his new girlfriend down there. Other couples were going too. It was all pretty innocent. I managed to get there before them, hid my car, then put on my black graduation robe and a skeleton mask and hid in the bushes. Sure enough a little while later he and this new GF come walking down the road all hand-in-hand. When they got close, I jumped out of the bushes screaming.

She screamed and ran, and as she passed my buddy, instinctively grabbed him by the collar as she went by. She ripped the entire back of his shirt out.

My buddy thought it was hilarious. I never saw the GF again!:D

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
When my oldest daughter was a little girl she had quite a few slumber parties. The routine was to have blankets piled in front of the tv and watch scary movies.

I had my neighbor get dressed like a ghost using an old sheet and come over with his chain saw. They were watching TX chainsaw massacre BTW.

We stood outside one of the windows and waited for someone to get cut up. While the chainsaw was going in the movie my neighbor started his and I turned a spotlight on him. You've never seen girls run so fast. One of her friends even tried to climb inside the fireplace.

The same daughter pulled a good one on her friends. During another slumber party she told her friends that our piano was haunted. It's an antique player so at least it looks old. It also has an electric motor.

She got them to all gather around the piano to see if they could get the ghost to contact them. While they were all standing there she was able to reach under the key board and flip the switch to start a song. Running, screaming girls are so funny.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
When I was in high school, one of my best friends and I started pulling jokes on each other. He learned the skill from his father, who transferred the art to both of us. From this, I can tell at least 15 practical joke stories.

After high school, we both went to the University of Alabama and joined the same fraternity. The few restrictions we had from living with our parents during our high school days were then gone and we could do anything we wanted to each other.

The jokes went on and on, essentially in an ongoing war of practical jokes on the other. Of course, they could be very embarrassing or downright dirty. We had an unwritten rule however: if you hit the other guy - you lost the game. So no matter how bad you were humiliated, if you got your fist out and gave him a roundhouse right - you were admitting defeat.

Enough of the preamble. Here is my first practical joke. If the thread does along far enough, I will share several that we pulled on each other.

He had a girlfriend and they had a very hot relationship. Lots of sex. Of course he told me all about it.

One day I was in his room at the frat house and saw a bunch of love letters from her. I was dying to see what was in them.

About a week later, while he was eating dinner in the dining room (we all ate at the same time), I told him I left one of my textbooks in his room and needed his keys so I could go get it. He gave me his key and I went to the drawer where all the letters were and got them out. I then returned his key to him.

That night, in my room, I read a few. They were awesome, filled with graphic descriptions of their sexual esperiences and what she wanted to do to him next.

Every day at 5:30pm, we watched Happy Days on TV. Dinner was served promptly at 6:00, so there was always a large group of guys in the TV room between 5:30 and 6:00 watching TV, waiting for dinner to be served. At the same time, he had a 5:00 class that ended at 5:45, and he would walk across the campus to the house, arriving usually around 5:55, just in time for dinner.

So the next day, at 5:45, I went into the TV room and loudly announced, "I've got Chip's love letters from Jody. They're awesome! Come into Eddie's bedroom and we will read them together."

Eddies's bedroom was in the first floor, right next to the front door. There were two windows that opened onto the front porch. It was October and the weather was beautiful so I opened one of the windows as a tactical move.

A big group piled into Eddie's bedroom and I locked the door. I passed out the letters to about 15 guys and told them we were to read them aloud, one at a time so everyone could hear....

So we started reading them...."I want to suck your **** so hard" etc. Every time some one read it aloud, everyone howled with laughter. It went on and on....

Suddenly, I hear the front door open and slam shut. This was my signal that he had heard us reading the letters as he came up the front sidewalk.

The next thing I hear is a large foot attempting to smash through the bedroom door. (remember that interior doors are often hollow). As soon as the smashing starts (he is 6'5") - everyone in the room (ex cept me) threw the letters in the air and bolted toward the windows. 15 guys desperately trying to get out the two windows....much like a building fire.

He hears them escaping and I hear the front door being flung open....I go to the window to see him pursuing the last fellow out the window...the guy is heading straight toward his car.....and orange Chevy Vega.

The guy makes it to the car, gets in and locks the door. He starts it and puts it into gear. At this point, Chip has caught up and starts smashing the side of the driver's door with his foot. The guy (Karl - now a prominent OB-GYN with 25 years of practice experience) is desperately trying to get the 80 hp Vega to gather speed.

In the meantime, I am back in Eddie's room. The only occupant. I gather up all of the letters and organize them into a neat stack. I open the door and walk into the foyer, knowing he will be coming back inside at any second.

When he opens the front door, I look at him, hand him the letters and say, "Here's your letters".

Then I turned around and went to the dinner table. Needless to say, there weren't many people there that time....

He got me back....if the thread continues, I'll tell you how and how I got him back for when he got me back....

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Anuthern...

I work for the major telecommunications company...Long set up coming...
Years ago, I was a technician in an inside maintenance group on the old "Private Line board". The board was basically a room full of jacks wired to circuits all over the country. To test these circuits we had tone generators that we'd plug in to send to our counterparts at the other end, then we had meters to measure the frequency and power of the tones.

We determined that you could crank up the frequency of these tones to over 14K Hz and the power up to about 10 dB and you really couldn't hear the sound as much as you could feel it. We wired up a phone receiver to this tone generator and hid the speaker in a potted plant that sat on a supervisor's desk. It wouldn't take long before he was complaining about splitting headaches. We'd say "Fred? You don't look so good. Are you feeling allright?" That was usually enough to send him home for the afternoon.
I don't think he ever found out what we were doing. :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That's an awesome story Bravo, :D

All the frats at my school are filled with idiots, and that's not a blanket statement, I've met most of them.

Anywho, I don't have too many good practical jokes. Though this kid kept giving me crap on my baseball team, so down at State, I put itching powder in his cup right before he got dressed for a game (4 of us to a room, wasn't too hard), and BAM!

Hits him, and he can't seem to make it stop. It was great seeing his anguished face at 2nd base from 1st. :)

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
one of the funniest things i and a couple friends did.back in our party days a guy that hung around with us was always asking if we had any weed.

so one night we found some plants that looked like dope growing beside the road we told him it was wild weed and extremley potent.so we picked some and packed a bowl with it and pretended to smoke it while letting him smoke the whole thing himself.he just kept telling us how good it was and how high he was and we just kept laughing.

funny this should come up somebody was just asking about some of the stuff we pulled.and i told this story to them they laughed and asked did you know what the plant was.i told them no.they asked how i knew it wouldnt kill him.

i said it was so funny i never thought about that.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Last October or so, I was driving four of us down to a goat track about 40 miles away, with three guys from the dorm I was in. We were also in a never-ending war of practical jokes against each other - although by no means do I think it was that extreme as Bravo's story. See, one of the guys had sneaked into my room (not that hard considering the window was jammed open) and began dropping little pieces of lettuce on my face while I was sleeping. I, in a semi-coma, just blindly fidgeted around and stuff, well, eventually I caught on and the kid was hiding under my bed (I proceeded to pound the hell out of him with a pillow).

But anyways, the guy's riding shotgun and he falls asleep (a feat considering the way I drive), and we all get the idea that I stomp on the brakes while we all scream. :laugh:

(He got back at me by super-gluing my canned soup together. So I ended up eating the one on top and couldn't get to the one on the bottom. Ugh. What a waste of money. :()

Or the time I was playing with a buddy of mine and I deliberately ran over his ball with the cart and parked there - and then looked all over for the ball, while I knew full well we were on top of it. After about ten minutes he dropped another. When we drove away, he caught on.

And of course, the classic untie the bag on the back of the golf cart trick every now and then.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
We had a spot where me and all my friends would party by a lake up in the mountains. Very hard to get to, not many people even knew about it.

So one night me and my best friend told everyone we couldn;t make it, I was sick and he had a family thing to do.

About 1 AM when everything was in full swing I pulled up across the huge field in my MG midget and we went about hooking up the blue and white police-style flashers in to a passable resemblance of a full police bar on top of my windsheild (it was a convertable with the top down) with wireties and tape.

He set up his little amp with a microphone in the passenger seat and hel the speaker out the side. We also had a huge boombox with a tape of police sirens ready to go.

We could see everyone partying with all their headlights lighting up the area, music blaring, weed and booze being used. LOL.

So I cruise up as far as I dared with my lights off.

Suddenly I hit the headlights, flipping my high beams on and off and spark up the blue and white flashers and hit the boombox for siren sounds and start hauling ass towards them while mybuddy is yelling shit like, "Stay where you are! Do not atte,mpt to flee!, etc"

The last 2 cars that went flying by noticed the fact that it was an MG with two laughing kids in the seats and stopped. Tjhey ended up helping me and my buddy find all the kids who got left behind or abandoned their cars and went to ground in the woods.

pretty funny, plus we got the boze that was left behind :) Ended up being about 10 of us instead of 30 or so

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
We had a spot where me and all my friends would party by a lake up in the mountains. Very hard to get to, not many people even knew about it.

So one night me and my best friend told everyone we couldn;t make it, I was sick and he had a family thing to do.

About 1 AM when everything was in full swing I pulled up across the huge field in my MG midget and we went about hooking up the blue and white police-style flashers in to a passable resemblance of a full police bar on top of my windsheild (it was a convertable with the top down) with wireties and tape.

He set up his little amp with a microphone in the passenger seat and hel the speaker out the side. We also had a huge boombox with a tape of police sirens ready to go.

We could see everyone partying with all their headlights lighting up the area, music blaring, weed and booze being used. LOL.

So I cruise up as far as I dared with my lights off.

Suddenly I hit the headlights, flipping my high beams on and off and spark up the blue and white flashers and hit the boombox for siren sounds and start hauling ass towards them while mybuddy is yelling shit like, "Stay where you are! Do not atte,mpt to flee!, etc"

The last 2 cars that went flying by noticed the fact that it was an MG with two laughing kids in the seats and stopped. Tjhey ended up helping me and my buddy find all the kids who got left behind or abandoned their cars and went to ground in the woods.

pretty funny, plus we got the boze that was left behind :) Ended up being about 10 of us instead of 30 or so

You win.

You sound a lot like me, back in the day (excepting the alcohol, that/which I never tried until I was 21)...

spank

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Bravo, you have my permission to continue.

OK here are the next two: How he got me and how I got him back....years later.

One Spring Break, we were both broke, and didn't have any $$ to go on a trip....so we stayed in Tuscaloosa working....I delivered pizzas and he worked construction. We both lived in the frat house at the time....the place has 26 BR's....he was President at the time and had a Passkey that would enable him to enter every room in the house.

So I came home from work one day and opened the door to my room. I smelled shit immediately. Really fresh shit. I didn't take so much as a moment to look for it and ran downstairs to his room and said, "Where is it you bastard?"

He starts laughing and goes up to my room and opens the top drawer to my desk. Inside is a newspaper with a large fresh pile of shit on it. He had dropped his drawers and taken a dump in my desk....

HOW I got him back....

Years later after graduation: One of our high school buddies (George, who went to Tennessee and got a degree in Dairy Science) lived outside Louisville KY and had a big diary farm. Every May, we would drive up there to spend a weekend with him. We would either attend the Indianapolis 500 or the Kentucky Derby. (The Indy 500 is the best sporting event I have ever attended by far).

Anyway, there were several of us and we took two cars to go up and back. He left on Sunday afternoon to come back to Birmingham early and I stayed a couple of hours later. After seeing cowshit in George's pastures all weekend....I got an idea. My friend Jimmy and I went into action,

We went into George's kitchen and got out about 25 ziplock sandwich bags. Then, we went out into the pasture and packed each of them with cowshit. Additionally, I got one large kitchen garbage bag (15 gallon) and filled it with shit. We then put all of this in the trunk and drove home.

He had an apartment at the time....living alone. While he was at work, we opened the door with the credit card trick. We took in all of the bags of shit and put them throughout the place....in his bedroom, under the bed, in the refrigerator, etc. (We didn't dump it out, but left it in the bags, but as you can imagine, there was a little on the outside of each one...)

Then, the crowing glory: I took the 15 gallon bag of loose shit and dumped it into the toilet. Filled it all the way to the top so that when you closed the lid, it would tamp down on top of the shitpile....

He was enraged when he came home....he knew that Jimmy and I were behind it because we drove home together. He called us and we promptly went over (you've just GOT to be there to revel in the glory personally!!!).

He made a move at Jimmy who was much smaller than him. I told him that if he hit him - we'd have it out and he would LOSE the GAME. He stopped.

We then got to watch him take his bare hands and scoop the shit out of his toilet....It was AWESOME!!! I am laughing my ass off the whole time....

More to come if everyone is not already bored to death.....

🔥 Latest posts