• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Favorite Ball?

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
Warbird, you said the Bridgestone was a great ball but too expensive, and then you called it a flop with horrible feel. I was recommended the same ball. It has a different feel/sound to it, but I have come to really like this ball, especially around and on the greens Yes, they are expensive, but it seems that once a year they give you a good shirt or wind breaker when you buy two dozen. That will easily last me a year along with all the balls I find.
Srixon makes some good cheaper balls like the 333 and the Soft Feel. the Tri-Speed is good but it costs about the same as NXT-Tour. Calloway just don't do anything for me, or Nike or Topflite. Bridgestone, Titliest, and Srixon are the three best companies, also Taylormade,,,,, especially the PENTA, but yes, it is expensive unless you find them. CP

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Since the topic is best ball for the price...I have to mention one that really caugfht me off guard...after testing so many balls this season (physically and electronically), I had decided that the best one for the price was the new Titleist NXT tour-S

THen, that changed about a month ago.

We got a sample box of the Wilson Duo balls (retail $19.95) and these are AWESOME...extremely long off the driver...very soft feel...stops like a magnet on a skittle and putts true.

I can honestly say that price regardless, I would probably stick with this ball for my gamer.

It is THAT good.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Blasphemy Indacup! That's not a major OEM ball! How could you?

In all seriousness, i've been wanting to try the FG Tour ball. Never thought about the Duo.

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
Yes, I said that I find different kinds of golf balls and I do use them. However, I only buy Bridgestone Tour B330 RX golf balls. If I am going to play in a tournament or some important match, I only play that ball. On the practice green, I only putt, chip, and pitch with that ball. Somewhere I read that to truly know a ball you have to play only that ball for quite a while. I think that is absolutely the truth. Try a bunch of different ones, narrow them down to the one that is truly your favorite, and then stick with that one. Your short game will improve quite a bit, enough to be measured in strokes. Sincerely, cypressperch

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Blasphemy Indacup! That's not a major OEM ball! How could you?

In all seriousness, i've been wanting to try the FG Tour ball. Never thought about the Duo.

I too have been wanting to try the FG Tour ball, the Duo though never crossed my mind. Is it a 3 piece?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Nope, 2 piece with 40 compression.
I guess I could have looked it up too, thanks!

What's the deal with compression? Wilson came out with a 50 compression ball not long ago that I really liked but it went away pretty fast, sad to say!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
They still make the 50. The fifty was weird to me so I don't know if i'd like the duo. I think the low compression favors slower swing speeds. Not to brag, but I don't swing that slow. The Wilson balls do look cool though.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
They still make the 50. The fifty was weird to me so I don't know if i'd like the duo. I think the low compression favors slower swing speeds. Not to brag, but I don't swing that slow. The Wilson balls do look cool though.
I don't swing that slow either but I hit the 50 a ton and it felt great, go figure.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I picked up some Duos today and will be playing them on Friday.

🔥 Latest posts