• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Favorite Ball?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
What does a dozen run?

Too expensive AG - $56.00 a dozen. This is a link to the Foremost range. You can see that the alignment marker designs on the Foremost and FG Tour balls are exact.
th
pro_tour_x3_4663.jpg

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I usually buy what's on sale. Got some Taylor Made TP Reds at Wal Mart this year, that was probably my favorite ball of all time. I also really liked the Maxfli Revolution (original one) and the Ben Hogan Hawk ball.

I haven't found one in recent years that I am in love or even like with other than the TP Red.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I usually buy what's on sale. Got some Taylor Made TP Reds at Wal Mart this year, that was probably my favorite ball of all time. I also really liked the Maxfli Revolution (original one) and the Ben Hogan Hawk ball.

I haven't found one in recent years that I am in love or even like with other than the TP Red.
Another really good one is the Maxfli U4 and U4X. They also have a couple other in the U line (urethane), U3 and U2. I played all of them because I got a sample pack when I bought something else. The U4 and X are performers and last a while... really nice. I was actually pretty pissed when I hit my U4 in the water, it was a spinner. Keep your eye out for Dick's putting them on a bogo sale, (they have before.) When they do, pick some up... you will not be disappointed. They fly under the radar because they are Dick's brand now, but i'm tellin ya... they are really nice.

Regular prices are U4&X $35, U3 $25, and U2 $20 a doz.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Another really good one is the Maxfli U4 and U4X. They also have a couple other in the U line (urethane), U3 and U2. I played all of them because I got a sample pack when I bought something else. The U4 and X are performers and last a while... really nice. I was actually pretty pissed when I hit my U4 in the water, it was a spinner. Keep your eye out for Dick's putting them on a bogo sale, (they have before.) When they do, pick some up... you will not be disappointed. They fly under the radar because they are Dick's brand now, but i'm tellin ya... they are really nice.

Regular prices are U4&X $35, U3 $25, and U2 $20 a doz.
I have always been a fan of Maxfli balls, I may have to check out the U4's.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
They don't sell like hotcakes or anything so eventually they'll go on another good sale to make room for Maxfli's next release. They need to keep this one around though.
Tell me about it, I liked the old A10 ball, the original revolution was great too.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I had a doz of the C3 ball and they spun like hell, but they shredded real easy and had a wierd feel. Between the U4 and the X I could actually tell the difference in driver distance/straightness and how the U4 would be exaggerated on hooks/slices. A draw turned into a hook and a fade into a slice. The wedge and putter game was awesome though.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
I've been playing pinnacle golds that I got for Christmas and I do like them over the odd balls I'd play at random. I used a bass pro gift certificate to order some hex chrome balls and all I can say is wow. I love how they perform especially on my short game with my pitch and sand wedge. When I go to buy more I'll go to rock bottom golf because they are a bit cheaper there

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I got a thing in the mail today from Dicks that has a...... 6 piece ball. Maxfli U6 for $45 a doz. Maxfli actually has a couple of tour players playing their stuff. Even if they make a truly superior ball they'll probably never compete in the ball market because they are an old company gone obscure and bought by Dicks. I will say the U4 and U4x were quite impressive though and if they do the bogo sale again I will be stocking up. I'll give the U6 a run if I can get just a sleeve, but i'll never pay $45 a doz for golf balls... I don't care how many layers they have.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I buy my Srixon Q-stars at Lost Golf Balls. Another one on sale and not bad is the Nike Mojo. Double packs for $15 sometimes.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.