• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Quirk

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Love reading this thread. Other then tees and tool pockets have too be mt.

Interesting stuff.

Jun 24, 2006
I talk to myself. Alot. Loudly.

:D

More of a golfing habit.

Every club has to be put back in the bag in the correct spot. Every time.

I clean my clubs after every round, grips about every 3-4 rounds.

threefiveseven

the other lefty
May 20, 2007
The coolest part about this thread is reading everybody else's quirks, and realizing how many of them I have and don't even notice! Like the club placement in the bag thing; I am an absolute stickler about that one.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
The coolest part about this thread is reading everybody else's quirks, and realizing how many of them I have and don't even notice! Like the club placement in the bag thing; I am an absolute stickler about that one.
Oh yeah, I have always sorted my irons by even and odd -- 4-6-8 in one pocket, 3-5-7 (now 5-7-9) in another pocket. It feels more balanced and looks better for some reason. Whenever I have a caddy, he takes a look at my clubs and says "oh, you're one of THOSE people."

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i always wear sunglassesand never take them off.(the only time i dont have them on is when its raining.

2 or 3 tees and 1 or 2 short ones for par 3`s in front right pocket along with divot tool all other pockets empty.

never take more then 1 ball to the tee box

i `m not sure but this just poped into my head i think i take 2 practice swings for every shot.

i also never switch balls for shots over water.(our 9th hole par 3)i just believe it detacts from my confidence.i`sure it dosent effect most people.its just that the times i`ve switched it went in the drink.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hmm. Let's see

I don't use ball washers. Ever.

I won't use a ball with a number higher than 4.

I must - MUST - have 3 tees in my pocket.

I'll use anything to mark my ball - now that I know the rules that I CAN use anything to mark my ball. A dime, a tee, a tractor...:D

I putt with my glove on. It just feels right.

I never align my putts anymore. I used to, but now I just put the ball down and stroke it. I'm more worried about line and weight than if the bloody logo is straight. Never putted better in my life.

I'll never hit my 5 wood off the tee.

I don't putt with another ball in the hole already.

On the practice green, I only use new golf balls.

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Ok, this is going to sound about as gay as anything you have ever heard, but here goes.

I always try to imagine I am doing a playing lesson from the pro's. Yes, in my head I try and image I am talking to someone explaining how I will play the hole and the shot. It forces me to stop and think before I hit and keeps me loose.
Rag away.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ok, this is going to sound about as gay as anything you have ever heard, but here goes.

I always try to imagine I am doing a playing lesson from the pro's. Yes, in my head I try and image I am talking to someone explaining how I will play the hole and the shot. It forces me to stop and think before I hit and keeps me loose.
Rag away.

This is not gay.

I've done this before too, and it works. Lately, I've been playing pretty well that I haven't needed this.

This weekend, I had an 8 (a quad) for a 75. Ouch.

R35

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
This is not gay.

I've done this before too, and it works. Lately, I've been playing pretty well that I haven't needed this.

This weekend, I had an 8 (a quad) for a 75. Ouch.

R35

I feel your pain. I just shot 80 with 3 doubles on this past Friday. (Where is the leaking oil smilie?) I too will play better if I am "calling my shots". Helps me focus.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Like I wrote earlier, I can't have anything in my pockets (I dislike having stuff in my pockets even in everyday life) and I read about a couple guys keeping one in their pocket in case they hit somewhere they might not find it like the trees.

If I hit a ball in the trees or anywhere I might not find it I bring a ball with me and carry it in my hand (I think I keep it in my gloved hand ONLY, but never thought about it before) If I find the original ball, I drop the extra somewhere, hit the ball and go pick up that extra ball and carry it back.

Nothing in my pockets ever. I've lost quite a few scorecards because of that... and pencils... and tees.... and on and on...

Now that I got Bag Boy cart it's made my life easier.

Now that I think about and it after reading Rocks post, I think I use every ballwasher I come across but have NEVER cleaned my ball during play...

Oh and I use only scavenged broken tees to hit irons off the tee box. If I can't find one I mutter, "****!" under my breath and hit it off the grass.

Oh and gotta have a hat on.

I have more quirks than I thought...

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Cabinessence got me thinking about my clubs too, i have a spot for everyone and i clean them after every shot.(i dont like riding because i find in harder to clean clubs, walking you can walk and clean at the same time, you cant ride and clean).

By the amount of replies it seems like we like to brag about our quirks :)

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I don't have too many quirks, the divot tool goes in the right pocket, along with one Epoch plastic tee for drives and one wooden tee for irons or fairway metals off the tee. Glove goes i the back left pocket after every shot and I will not chip with it on. I also place the ball on the green with the blank portion facing up, I can't look down and see an alignment line or branding when I putt.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
I forgot about the taking off the glove for shots inside 100 yards, gee i have a lot of quirks i dont even realize i do.

threefiveseven

the other lefty
May 20, 2007
Now that I think about and it after reading Rocks post, I think I use every ballwasher I come across but have NEVER cleaned my ball during play...

Oh and I use only scavenged broken tees to hit irons off the tee box. If I can't find one I mutter, "****!" under my breath and hit it off the grass.

Chalk up a few more for me. I never use ballwashers (I swear, the scent is so bad that I can't help but think that people defecate in them), but I constantly clean my ball. I also find it wasteful to use a new tee with an iron shot. One man's trash is another man's treasure! :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005

Rag away.

I think that sounds like a damn good idea, and I do a similar thing. I talk myself through the shot, but haven't taken it to the next level of imagining I'm teaching someone else. I like it.

If that makes me gay, then so be it...:laugh:

Members online