• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your ulitmate ride...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Looking at the ad for the Corvette in the Classifieds section, this reiterated my hatred for domestic cars. They are far and few between those that catch my eye.

And now that I've branded myself an idiot, the question arises:

Unlimited money to purchase, but, you had to drive your dream car with your current situation (kids, no garage, winter, ect), and you can't sell it. It's your dream car!

What would you choose? :confused:

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I would probably choose a Ferrari...somebody in my neighborhood has one and dammit he uses it as his everyday car...I see it all the time. (Can you imagine driving one of these dudes just to go down to the corner store for some ice cream?)

Anyway, I drool whenever I see it. That mofo is a Head Turner...

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
I already own my choice. Bought it in 1998 and restored it. 400 horsepower baby.
Vert-Lake.JPG

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Sweet ride Q!

Looking at the ad for the Corvette in the Classifieds section, this reiterated my hatred for domestic cars.

Rock, this is the sort of thing that makes me think you're simple. :p

Just so you know, my dream car is a Corvette, it has been ever since 1973. I'm interested in not only the hopped up kit displayed in the classifieds but also the '63 split window coupe, the '67 stingray as well as the current model with a Callaway turbo kit.

If you ever insult domestic iron like that again, I'll.......I'll.......I'll......

I'll give you such a pinch.......!
:D

Speaking of domestics, my father's fiancee has a Chrysler 300 with the hemi motor, that is one bad ass sedan. They are making a convertible version of it soon to retail around $50k...seen the new Dodge Charger? sick

(I have secret.......Rockford drives a scion....:biglol: )

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Very nice QQ. 1966?

Sling, is an AMERICAN car a domestic car to Rocky? I mean, being north of the border and all, I would figure that the 'vette would be an "import" to him.

Saddle up that moose.... ;)

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nah, I drive a Mazda. Good on gas, wagon model, works great.

I think i'd opt for an M3 Competition package or a Porsche 911 Turbo. The AWD of the 911 keeps me thinking that it would be better for winter. Although with that stupid thinking, I might as well get the AWD Diablo and be done with it. :D

The fact that cars these days (domestic and imports) are coming out with insane amounts of horsepower sorta makes me sick. Why does a Maxima need 300 HP? And who needs a Hemi to drive around town?

I remember when Lotus had their 4cyl Twin Turbo Esprit. That was a dope car.

V8? No thanks. I'll take two engines with better fuel economy, thanks.

The performance numbers of the Viper draw me to it, but the 8.0L engine getting 12 MPG makes me wanna puke.

Anyone ever driven a MacLaren F1? Apparently it's supposed to be more fun than riding in a jet.

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Farquod said:
Very nice QQ. 1966?

Sling, is an AMERICAN car a domestic car to Rocky? I mean, being north of the border and all, I would figure that the 'vette would be an import. ;)

And a BMW Z4 would be a domestic, since they're built in North Carolina.

Most F150 trucks are built in Canada. Best selling truck every year in North America. So many idiots... ;)

R35

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Rockford35 said:
IThe performance numbers of the Viper draw me to it, but the 8.0L engine getting 12 MPG makes me wanna puke.

Why? You wouldn't want to drive any of the cars you mention every day...they're too unreliable. So buy an everyday car/truck and splurge on the trophy car.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Rockford35 said:
And a BMW Z4 would be a domestic, since they're built in North Carolina.

Most F150 trucks are built in Canada. Best selling truck every year in North America. So many idiots... ;)

R35

Right. NAFTA.

I have to say, the worst car I ever had was a Saab 900. Drove great, ALWAYS in the shop. It was a money pit.

I hear they're much better since being taken over by...what, Ford wasn't it?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
also the '63 split window coupe,

I think this is one of the sexiest cars ever made and the best looking Corvette ever...I would absolutely love to have that car.

And people who have the Chrysler 300C really rave about it. It is very very cool looking.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Since you call for current situation (taking mountain climate and kiddies into consideration) I'd probably go for a Toyota Land Cruiser (we have a 4Runner now and love it) if I were getting a toy for myself, I'd get an 80's 911 turbo (before they got ugly) - or the Ferrari 250 GTO from Ferris Beuller's Day off. Color me old school, but I also think the Chevy Nova's from 1972 are super cool too.

3in2out

Apr 11, 2005
Hell there really isnt any domestically made cars or foregin cars today, except for some of the elite cars. My GTi was made in Brazil, Toyota makes cars here, ect...

My fun vehicle..a full out bagged and body dropped mini truck, with wild paint and shaved body. Orrrrrr a old chevy chopped, sectioned, black primers, bags, ect..

...and depending on price range a Mercedes Benz SL65 or SLR, or a new M5 on the "lower" end and a Ferrari Enzo on the other end of the "elite" spectrum..

🔥 Latest posts