• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yowzaa!!!!

Maverick

*mmuah*
Mar 23, 2005
longiron said:
I think she will win but it wont be a "full" field event.

on the PGA..not in your wildest dreams..maybe a cut..eventually..but to win any PGA tour event..care to make a PayPal bet..lol

Realistically, with her current school schedule I heard she can't get on a consistent level anyhow..nonetheless.

longiron

May 2, 2005
Maverick said:
on the PGA..not in your wildest dreams..maybe a cut..eventually..but to win any PGA tour event..care to make a PayPal bet..lol

Realistically, with her current school schedule I heard she can't get on a consistent level anyhow..nonetheless.
Its crazy to think that this 16 year old girl isnt going to get much better. At some point she will win.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
longiron said:
Its crazy to think that this 16 year old girl isnt going to get much better. At some point she will win.

That's not debateable. She'll win, just not on the PGA tour.

LPGA, she may break every record in the book. PGA, she'll never even approach the top 10.

R35

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
for a guy that i quote is "Confused by simplicity" you seem pretty sure that you can see into the future.Lets face it there are some pga players she can embaress now in her sleep who knows what she'll be capable of in 10 or twenty years.No offence but to say "she'll never even approach the top 10."
is silly/plain ridiculous because one day she will have the short game to go with her 300 yard drives.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Adam Pettman said:
for a guy that i quote is "Confused by simplicity" you seem pretty sure that you can see into the future.Lets face it there are some pga players she can embaress now in her sleep who knows what she'll be capable of in 10 or twenty years.No offence but to say "she'll never even approach the top 10."
is silly/plain ridiculous because one day she will have the short game to go with her 300 yard drives.

If She wins a PGA event, I'll buy you a set of Mizuno irons set to your specs and shafts.

But, if she doesn't, you have to buy me a set.

How's that for a bet?

If you think Wie is going to be a star, you're correct. And if you think her short game is going to make her win more events, I won't say anything to that.

But if you think she has any chance - any chance - of winning an event, you are dead wrong. Annika is by far the best women's golfer to play, maybe ever. And she had no chance either, even with her great short game, mental game, putting and accurate driving (which is about 270ish in her best years).

Wie is a phenom, on the LPGA....

R35

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
No No you said she wouldn't get near the top ten
IF she does i'll take those irons
IF not I'll send you a Mars bar or something coz I'm only a poor student.

Maverick

*mmuah*
Mar 23, 2005
Rock, since a majority of us have PayPal accounts I think it would be a great idea to do some *ahem* "investing". We just need an impartial member, who also has a PP acct., to hold the "investments" and then he would just send it to the winner..hmmm

--

Anyway, I'm down for $100 Wie doesn't win one of her PGA events at all this year. I'm down for $50 she doesn't make a cut (PGA event) all this year or win an LPGA event this year.

takers?

Maverick

*mmuah*
Mar 23, 2005
Adam Pettman said:
No No you said she wouldn't get near the top ten

if you are saying top ten in the world (PGA) I'll take some action on that..what's the time frame? and don't say her career..I don't want to wait for the next 20 years to cash out..lol

longiron

May 2, 2005
Maverick said:
if you are saying top ten in the world (PGA) I'll take some action on that..what's the time frame? and don't say her career..I don't want to wait for the next 20 years to cash out..lol
I didnt say this year or next, but to think she wont ever is nuts. Rock said something about Annika not being able to do it, But to be fare She was in her mid 30? when she tried it nad she only tried one time, and only missed by one stroke. Wie is 16 and still getting better. She will win on the PGA in the next 5-10 yrs and will win on the LPGA in the next 1-3 yrs.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
In her mid 30's, but also playing the best golf of her life. So how can it be any different? Was she less wise and not as strong as she was 10 years before? Does anyone remember Annika from 1994-1999? No, because she wasn't in the class of players that she was when she played on the PGA tour, and failed miserably.

I'm not saying these ladies don't have the talent, I'm just saying there are 100 guys that play the same course as them that have just as good a chance as they do, only they don't have the media circus and all that crap surrounding them, making it alot easier for them to play better every weekend.

I was reading about a Senior PGA Tour member who said that with people like Paula Creamer, Natalie Gulbis (both of whom are currently shitting the bed at the World Championships....too many manicure's perhaps?), Michelle Wie, and a slough of Asian players, he'd put money into the LPGA if they allowed him to. A new breed of player is starting up on the Ladies tour, so hopefully we'll start to see some bigger and better sponsorships, and more prize money as a result.

He also went to add that the novelty of the ladies on the PGA tour has worn off and they've obviously proved a point - that they have their own tour for themselves, and they should stick to it. At least they'd win some money and put their sponsors in the right light rather than a "missed cut" beside them and their sponsors.

I agree.

R35

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I'm just saying she will finish in the top ten on a pga event at some point during her career.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Adam Pettman said:
I'm just saying she will finish in the top ten on a pga event at some point during her career.

Fair enough.

I'm saying she won't.

Wann put that chocolate bar on it? I'm a snickers guy, BTW. I'm assuming I will be in 40 years too when she still hasn't won.:D

Cheers Adam, differences of opinion are what make this board great!:miz:

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.