• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

YS-6 Shaft Questions / Reviews

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I'm flirting with a 905R, (I know I'm becomming a serious club ho) that would have a YS-6 shaft. I have very little experience or input from anyone on this shaft. Any reviews? Does it play softer or stiffer than advertised?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
PM R35. He said it's a great shaft but I didn't get much more out of him. Here's his comments on it. (Good to hear I'm not the only addicted ho).

Rockford35 said:
Here's another proven winner: the YS-6+ from Graphite Design. It's again, mid bend point and required loading, so you have to try this thing out before bending over and taking the $115 price tag up the b***. But (no pun) it's a rocket launcher. The most played shaft on Tour 2 years running.

http://www.gdintl.com/product.php?cmd=ysplus&pid=ysplus_6

Also found this in the Titleist 905R shaft options section of their catalog....

A lightweight shaft that offers a good balance of stability, feel and shot control. Works well for smooth tempo players who require a higher launch angle and more spin for optimum distance.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
bames said:
I'm flirting with a 905R, (I know I'm becomming a serious club ho) that would have a YS-6 shaft. I have very little experience or input from anyone on this shaft. Any reviews? Does it play softer or stiffer than advertised?

I have a YS-7 shaft in a luancher, same shaft just heavier, honestly didnt see much difference in feel between that and the Proforce gold shaft. Both good shafts, it was the head i didnt like.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I have a YS-7 shaft in a luancher, same shaft just heavier, honestly didnt see much difference in feel between that and the Proforce gold shaft. Both good shafts, it was the head i didnt like.

I agree with that. I tried another shaft in it also with no improvement for me.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I'm not sure about stiffer or softer because I went to reg. flex when I got mine. I would say that's it's livelier and less board like than my old NV.

I've been trying to take a smoother swing to help my back and this shaft is good for that. I don't think it would be all that great for someone with a quick tempo or a hard swing though.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
it is smooth baby! feels so great and if you put a good swing on it is GOES. man i love mine.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
DaveE said:
I'm not sure about stiffer or softer because I went to reg. flex when I got mine. I would say that's it's livelier and less board like than my old NV.

I've been trying to take a smoother swing to help my back and this shaft is good for that. I don't think it would be all that great for someone with a quick tempo or a hard swing though.

Dave, I would opt for the regular flex as well, I only swing in the low 90s. I also take a slow backswing and am much more worried about tempo and timing than anything else. Maybe this would be a good shaft for me.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
bames said:

I own said beast.

Profile:
SS 105
Flex S
Carry 275

It plays softer than say a Graffaloy Blue or even an NV, but it feels more stable than an NV. I can't really explain it.

It's the kinda shaft that if you take it back smooth, you can hammer it on the way thru, but if your timing is off you're dead. I enjoy it because it's stupid long, and it has some life to it compared to my Launcher with Blue, which while a solid stick, just feels a "little" dead.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i used to play it in my TM Burner 420 8.5*

my profile:
SS: 105-110
I went with the X flex
and was carrying prolly around 285.

i really loved that shaft, it would stay around for you if you try to keep it smooth and easy and do the work for you, or, if you step it up a notch, it stays right with you and just punishes the ball.

i had it switched in over the stock shaft in my burner originally, the stock shaft was giving me tons of spin, and although i was carrying further, on a windy day i would get murdered. this shaft lowered the trajectory a tad, and shaved about 3,000 RPM's of spin.

just couldn't put it in my current driver b/c of the large tip.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played with a very good golfer today who absolutely CRUSHED the driver. He was scratch and his drives easily hit 300 or more. He was using a 905R with a stiff Speeder shaft in it. I stayed with him on a couple holes but he was too consistent. I'm hitting my good old G5/ProLaunch again and it's working nicely for me. After the Comp NT it feels kind of dead though. I'm searching for that crisp, nice feeling when you really connect. If I really connect on one with the G5 it still doesn't feel like much of anything even though it gets out there straight and long.

(...need 905R.....WANT 905R....$$$$....need money to buy 905R...MUST HAVE 905R,,,)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I love it.

Seems like this time last year everyone was loving the Launcher... look out, there's a new kid in town :smilie_ti

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.