• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

YS series shafts in a FW Wood?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I am liking the feel of the YS-6 in my driver, surprisingly good shaft that I stole off ebay new for $28. I am thinking of taking out the Creation from my 3w and getting either a YS-7 or YS-8. Has anybody played any of the YS serieis shafts in a FW wood? What was your experience? How did the shaft play...any thoughts really would be appreciated! Thanks!

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I had a YS-7 in a V-Steel 3W for a while. I didn't have the club all that long but I really liked how the YS-7 performed. It had a mid flight with a good kick. I've not played the YS-6 so I can't compare.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
YS-6 stiff flex in my R7 ST 4 wood, I bought the club with that shaft in it so I really don't have anything to compare it to, but I am 100% happy with it.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I have a YS6+ FW in my TEE 3W and have been pleased with it. Its currently not in the bag, due to current set make up but is never far away in the event I desire a change.

Like the way the YS6+ FW feels and plays in the TEE CB1. I had no troubles launching the ball off the fairway and it worked well off the tee box. The only thing I would change would be an icrease in weight to a 70 or even a 90 gram version to be more in line with my shaft weight progessions from driver through irons.

I have also played my Bobby Jones Hybrids which have a Graphite Design shaft that is BJ labeled and in the 70 gram range. To me, they play very similar to the YS6+ FW shaft in terms of playability and feel. While I have never been a fan of graphite in Hybrids, the GD shaft in th Jones hybrids play very consistant for me.

Give them a shot.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
go heavier.. 7 or 8.. great fwy shafts.. also-- purple ice 85.. very nice

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I purchased a Geek DCT 7 wood from Victory and put a tipped YS-7x in it. I absolutley love it. I have a Geek DCT 3 wood with a YS-6x. That thing is a bomb and I prefer it over the YS-7 mainly because of the weight with these Geek heads. They are heavy.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
go heavier.. 7 or 8.. great fwy shafts.. also-- purple ice 85.. very nice

I have found some decent deals on YS 8.1 and have been thinking about it. Just worried it may be to stiff for me.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
for a 3wd it is stil la good weight.. cut it down to 43'' and the total weight now is in the mid 70's. for less woods.. 5 or 7 that is a great weight UNLESS you need to fetch distance.. than stay in the 60gram shaft weights.

🔥 Latest posts