• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

yuck callaway, just yuck

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I saw Els and Rocco playing with these last nite on the golf channel. I thought the X-20s were beautiful clubs but these new x22s look like toys, same goes for the drivers.

With Callaways new lineup and TM's Burners series this has to be one of the ugliest years in golf in terms of equipment.

Funny the Golf Channel reported Callaway had like 4 straight qtrs of profit.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I don't mind the look of the drivers. They look like this past years too..

Then again, I use a Burner too, so I'm crazy on the hot wheels theme clubs.

The irons are yuck.

the only irons i like from them are the prototype x's..

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Oh God! I have been tempted for the new Mizunos, and Callaway just confirmed me why. Even if you can hit 300yds with an 8 iron and 99% straight each time I would never play them.

I can't wait for the x-24s now. I bet they just can't beat ugliness this time.

FlopShotArtist

< Yeah, I'd hit it.
Jul 24, 2008
X-22 = ugliest irons I've ever seen in my life. How do you ruin such beautiful clubs like the X-18 and X-20?!

FTiq= 'Nuff said. Disgusting.
FT-9= Not bad. I actually like this one.
X Forged - The only irons I like here.
Big Bertha Diablo - *pukes*

C'mon Callaway...don't make me start vomiting.

millrivermem

Aug 12, 2008
Kinda look like the Transformers of irons dont they?...almost as if you hit a button and they turn into a pullcart or something..

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Might end up just being better to stick with links like Piper did, which I'm sure is why he did the link vs. bringing the photos over. If anyone knows about the WRX mods it would be him, lol.

Ezra76

You have no idea. Those guys are brutal...

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Except for the FT-9 those have to be the worst looking clubs I've ever seen. The only reason I'm happy to see new drivers is that I've been hawking the FT-5 Neutral and now it should drop in price. Just might get one for myself since today is my birthday. Thanks Cally for the new FT-9!;)

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Happy Birthday.. Nothing better than Ho'n on your birfday.

I was using a FT-I with a Whiteboard in it the other night while fooling with a fitter on the LM.. He was trying to prove a point about the shafts and lofts and what I needed.

That FT-I felt like shit. The FT-5 not so much, but the I sounded so dead. Like I hit a flat ball.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ez,

Just as an update to the MRSP....

I got word that the FT-iQ with the genuine Fubuki shaft is MSRP at $625. :biglol:

Ya, good luck with that, guys. That's a solid shaft offering, but who the hell is gonna pay that when an FT-i can be had for 1/3 the price?

R35

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
What did they do to you?

Im not really going to get into it too much, but ive had 3 accounts deleted over there, ive been accused of random stupidities in the FS forum, bunch of stupid things that really have no merit.

But thats in the past, my newest account has been active for 7-8 months now :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Im not really going to get into it too much, but ive had 3 accounts deleted over there, ive been accused of random stupidities in the FS forum, bunch of stupid things that really have no merit.

But thats in the past, my newest account has been active for 7-8 months now :laugh:

Just goes to show that you should just stick over here.

I'm debating getting myself an FT-iQ for Christmas. Kind of pricey, I don't know...

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Things have gone full circle at Cally. They obviously got sick of their designs being knocked off by factories in China every time they brought a new design out, so instead of designing a new model they just did a knock off of the Chinese knock offs. You know, vaguely remiscent of the 'original' (Acer etc) only bigger, chunkier and uglier. I guess they will save on R&D doing things this way, not to mention money spent on lawsuits for stealing their designs (no Chinese business in their right mind would want to copy these monstrosities).

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Regardless of the looks of the clubs, I wonder how they play? The FT-iq is advertised as the longest and straightest ever. . .which of course is all relative. But I did demo the FT-i and it was def. straight and long. That was early in the year before I had 40+ rounds of golf under my belt.

Honestly, as far as looks I really don't mind new design. This is probably the beginning of something as far as how the drivers look. There are obviously other strange squarish drivers out there like the Hippo, etc.

I'm def. going to demo the FT-iq next year. Don't need any irons though. . .

🔥 Latest posts

Members online