• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yururi Wedges

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Saw this beauty on the Golf To Impress site, the online store for high end Japanese forged clubs. Read somewhere this shop had some quality control problems a way back because it's basically a one man operation. Is anyone familiar with this manufacturer? Thanks.
yururitourlarge[1].jpg
yururitourlarge[1].jpg

starsky

Aug 10, 2010
i have not heard of this manufacturer,you seem very impressed by the overall look of it,

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Saw this beauty on the Golf To Impress site, the online store for high end Japanese forged clubs. Read somewhere this shop had some quality control problems a way back because it's basically a one man operation. Is anyone familiar with this manufacturer? Thanks.
View attachment 13903

I've been impressed with the looks, but have read that they are soft and not all that long lasting of a wedge. What seems to be everyone's pick as another option is the Miura 57 series - same soft feel, smaller head and a longer lasting wedge due to pressed grooves over milled.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just what i have on file in the old grey matter.

R35

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
View attachment 13903

Never heard of them. They do look sweet though. I would like to get my hands on some Muira clubs and see what all the hype is about.

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Did some research on the Golf To Impress Blog and got some answers:

Yururi Tour Wedge
Designed for the pro and skilled amateur the new Yururi TOUR Wedge features a familiar head shape similar to the Yururi RAW Original Wedge except with a revised sole grind. This is the exact same model currently in play on the JPGA ladies tour by So-Hee Kim, Eun-A Lim, and a few others. It's designs main attribute is it allows the better player to get the optimal amount of heel relief which gives you the ability to open the face with stability and confidence. Usually many wedges with trailing edge relief rock back and fourth when you open the face. The new Yururi Tour Wedge remains stable in an open position.

I recently had a consultation with Mr. Miyoshi the owner and designer of Yururi Golf. The goal of our meeting was to provide his company with input and advice in regards to Yururi's product specifications, designs, and overall direction. Since TourSpecGolf advertised Yururi many years back the brand has grown substantially, It went from relatively unknown to a fairly popular niche product. We had to take a break from selling the product when they made the unfortunate mistake of releasing open model fairway wood and driver designs to the global market. These woods did not perform up to the standard of our customers and TSG. Those woods have since been pulled from the line up along with other adjustments made within the products currently offered.

Now the brand is on it's way to recovery streamlining its business model and product line up to better match the desires of the "TOUR SPEC" type of golfer. This New Yururi Tour Wedge is the first contribution to this new brand direction and it's already proven to be money winner in Japan on Tour. It's available in 5 loft variations, 50/6, 52/8, 56/11, 58/14, and 60/9. These should be listed in the TSG ProShop in about a week when they make their official debut.

The New Tour Wedge costs 25.00 more than the Original Wedge coming in at an MSRP of 150.00 USD for it's head only. There are two versions a conforming 2010 version along with a non conforming spec. The way to tell the difference is in the paint fill of the words TOUR 52, Gold = 2010 conforming while White = non conforming. It's finish is a very durable matte black, it's different from other flat blacks and has a more textured look to it. The main point about this finish is to really enhance the way it looks when it wears because we all know new black wedges don't look new for very long. You will be impressed at how the wedge looks after many rounds of play it actually improves over time with wear.

TourSpecGolf has become Yururi's Exclusive International Distributor servicing stores and customers throughout the USA, Australia, Europe and Middle East. We will keep you posted on the many more new Yururi Golf products coming soon !

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
$150 for a head only, super soft forged wedge is money down the toilet, in my opinion. Why not just buy a Scratch or Callaway for half the cost and use it for a couple years, throw it in the garbage, and save some coin?

To each their own, but I doubt those wedges will mow your lawn or contribute to your retirement on your behalf. :D

R35

🔥 Latest posts