• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Zodia wedges

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
So i have been doing a LOT of searching around lately- for the ultimate in wedges. My requirements are for a really raw / unfussy design - with minimal stampings etc. Also needs to have some custom grinds available. Looked at the following:
Gauge Design
Sonartec T35 proto
Gold's Factory Stage 1
Epon X-Model
Scratch Tour Department
Zodia

Have basically narrowed it down to the Zodias - they just look so sweet, and hand crafted :idhitit:

so - it's either them, or just have my Cleveland 588 BeCu's custom ground somewhere in the UK (any suggestions?)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Those are all on my list of weekly Ebay checks. I've put in a bid up to $100 on every single Zodia for sale the last 6 or 7 months. I am considering saving up for the Epon-X's later in the spring. I dream about that raw copper finish. I want to go 52-58 or 53-59. The Gold's stage 1 look pretty sweet too.

What are the Zodia's, around $400 US? LMK if you can get these brands cheaper than we can. I would gladly pay the shipping for a set.

OP
Dannykos

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
you're fine in the US - check here

there is an ebay seller who only ships US - selling them off, but usually goes for more like $130-$150 each which is fine by me!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Wow. That's less than I thought they were. I've seen them just under $400 each. Thanks. I'll keep them in mind. How bout the Epons? Any place for those other than TSG?

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
my friend had sonartec t35 and he sold them to me cause he bought zodia wedge (53 and 59 i believe). he's came w/ black gold shaft, which made the wedge head heavy.

the finish was one of the nicest of all wedges i've seen, very raw. if i had the money.. i will get it.

Dorkman53

May 17, 2005
I had some Zodias a few years ago, with the dark, rough finish. They put a really great spin on the ball, but the soles are rough, too, until they get worn down, and at first they didn't slide under the ball as well as I would like. I didn't find them as easy to open up as some other shafts, either. Everything said, I wasn't ecstatic about my Zodias, particularly considering the money involved.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
im sure you've seen it but there is a set of 52-60 zodia's on wrx right now...

OP
Dannykos

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
yeah - but they looked quite well used, and not the same finish as i'm after... did you see ezra's thread on there!?

**we're watching you!!**

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Of course. Too much $$ for me right now plus I'm not crazy about a 60*. Now that I can actually hit one, I find them fairly useless at courses I play. A higher bounce 58 will get me out of the high sided bunkers and rough. My ideal setup would be something similar to the Scratch wedges in a 53* SND and a 59* SFU.

Good info there Dorkman. That's why I'm pretty cautious about "used" wedges. If they picture is from like 9 months ago and they have more face wear, now I've paid $100 and change for something that only has a little life left to it.

🔥 Latest posts