• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'09 BurnerTP

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ez,

I was smoking the ZCOM/FT-9 combo at demo day last week. So well, I actually have been considering picking one up as a backup driver. Great shaft and head combo and they can be had for less than $230 these days.

R35

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Ez,

I was smoking the ZCOM/FT-9 combo at demo day last week. So well, I actually have been considering picking one up as a backup driver. Great shaft and head combo and they can be had for less than $230 these days.

R35

I have to second that... I have been very pleasantly surprised at the performance for the ZCOM Pro shaft in my FT-9. I thought at some point I would probably have to re-shaft it(almost went I-Mix, but still don't fully trust it) but at this point I don't think so. I'm really in love with this combo.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have to second that... I have been very pleasantly surprised at the performance for the ZCOM Pro shaft in my FT-9. I thought at some point I would probably have to re-shaft it(almost went I-Mix, but still don't fully trust it) but at this point I don't think so. I'm really in love with this combo.

It feels really soft in the "waggle test", but when you bring it, it works like a charm. It's pretty dead solid and delivers high, low spinning bombs that roll forever.

Great setup.

R35

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I finally gave up and admitted I need a closed face, draw biased driver. I just can't seem to get the face square on a Tour/open faced driver to save my life.

Don't worry Ez, once you admit it, it doesn't hurt at all, :laugh:

What took you so long? Play what works, screw pride. I wish someone made a driver with a 5° closed face.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
It feels really soft in the "waggle test", but when you bring it, it works like a charm. It's pretty dead solid and delivers high, low spinning bombs that roll forever.

Great setup.

R35

You two (Rock and Slick) just shut up,...stop carnaval hawking the FT-9.....I will not pay 399.00 for a driver....next year she's gonna be 199.00 used....I can wait....I can wait.....I can wait. I actually hit one the other day on the course when DH4816 and I hooked up. I put the 9 against the FT5....I hit a high fade with the 5 and then stepped up with the FT-9 and put a really nice low duck hook swing on it and low and behold it got about 5 yards elevation and then at about 100 yards turned hard left and OB..........I suck, but the FT-9's a beauty!

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
You two (Rock and Slick) just shut up,...stop carnaval hawking the FT-9.....I will not pay 399.00 for a driver....next year she's gonna be 199.00 used....I can wait....I can wait.....I can wait. I actually hit one the other day on the course when DH4816 and I hooked up. I put the 9 against the FT5....I hit a high fade with the 5 and then stepped up with the FT-9 and put a really nice low duck hook swing on it and low and behold it got about 5 yards elevation and then at about 100 yards turned hard left and OB..........I suck, but the FT-9's a beauty!

lmao :biglol:

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
SuperquadTP it is. I'm going to locktite or epoxy this weight into the head and play it till it splits in half. BurnerTP is either being sold or sent back. My swing was terrible today but on a few holes I got the SQTP to work. The 9th hole is a slight dogleg left and I was able to hit the fairway both times I played it. Nearly into my divot from the 1st time at 135 out. I can deal with that.

Seems like it's all a matter of my grip to get the face square. I let it get too weak left and too strong right. Once I got it strong left, weak right, I was able to get the face square to slightly shut at impact. The thing I have to live with is I hit a fade, I cannot draw a driver. My straightest drives are going to cut at least a yard.

So the with the BurnerTP $$ and the $$ I have in Paypal now I'm going to get the range pass for my course and at least 1, maybe 2 lessons. If I do get another driver, it's going to be an R7425 non-TP with the 761 shimmed in it.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Mated to a ZCOM or even a Fubuki, you can get them for $230 barely used or sometimes in the plastic.

When the hell would I ever pay retail for a golf club? :dead:

R35

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Mated to a ZCOM or even a Fubuki, you can get them for $230 barely used or sometimes in the plastic.

When the hell would I ever pay retail for a golf club? :dead:

R35

Well yeah, good point, but the ones in plastic are a no go for me on ebay and the others scare me that they're fakes. I'm a diehard cally preowned buyer these days. Not sure I loved the ZCOM either....I'm thinking IMIX with a Matrix or a Blue board although I've never hit the blue. The Matrix for me works like a champ in the 5. I'm hoping Ez gets one and it fixes his fairway woes....if that happens then I'm all in at $399.00 :mgw:

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
i've solved my driver problem. my 3 wood is hitting 250. case closed.

is there a 2 wood out there anywhere?

I was right. Hibore XL 2wood at the local Dicks. Not sure the loft (doesn't say on the bottom). Basically it's a shorter, higher lofted driver.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Well yeah, good point, but the ones in plastic are a no go for me on ebay and the others scare me that they're fakes. I'm a diehard cally preowned buyer these days. Not sure I loved the ZCOM either....I'm thinking IMIX with a Matrix or a Blue board although I've never hit the blue. The Matrix for me works like a champ in the 5. I'm hoping Ez gets one and it fixes his fairway woes....if that happens then I'm all in at $399.00 :mgw:

The FT9 BB Combo is a Monster. I drove a 350 yard par4 at my new club with mine tonight...has to be said there was a slight tail breeze but it carried pretty much all the way! I'm hitting it longer than anything I've had in the past... this beats the L4V X/Speed BB combo which was my previous longest driver. I'd go I-Mix, you can get Brandnew in the box head from a trusted Ebay Powerseller and a new shaft for $230 as I linked in the Thread earlier. I~Mix makes sense because you can pull the shaft adaptor and shaft up anything you want with it, without ever risking damaging the Carbon head.

Ez, Get the FT9 you won't regret it.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Longest combo yet.....but I have the ability to change shafts.

I don't get the logic, MG. Why would you change what works? To each their own, I'm just throwing this out there for discussion...

R35

🔥 Latest posts