• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1/2 of nine, Im GOLDEN!

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
Figured I would play nine again today (2nd day in a row) and went to the course that I had wanted to play for a while. The course was in beautiful shape and I was doing great through 4 holes ( I was playing bogey golf through the drive on 4). My swing was decent and the ball was jumping off of my irons. Then all of a sudden, I started thinking. I thought myself right into a bad swing somewhow. I couldnt do a thing from that point on. I was slicing my pitching wedge...SLICING the pitching wedge...I figured I could work through it somehow, but it got worse as I went along. I got to the 8th which is a beautiful little elevated tee par three. Broke out my 8 iron for this puppy and proceeded to put 3 shots in the woods to the right. I quit right there before i picked up some kind of bad habit. I left and am going to the range tomorrow and get a lesson. At least let the pro look at my swing and figure out what im doing wrong.

I think I watched too many instructional videos last night at the golf channel.com because i found myself using a weird grip after I started thinking about what I watched last night. I usually roll my left thumb to the right of the club instead of right down the middle like I saw on TGC.com last night. I started trying it like I watched and that is when I think the trouble started.

Oh well, it's lesson time. That was my day. How did you guys do today?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bogeymaker.....ha! Great handle.... :D

Today I spent the day at work. +33 and a humidex of 44. A little hot for my liking, but after reading through your round, I'm kicking myself for not being out there.

Sorry I don't have any swing notes to share, I just liked your screen name, made me chuckle.....

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hey Bogey...

Just a quick first question...have you thought about lessons?

OP
B

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
yessir...already talked to the best teaching pro around here about lessons. Im going to go see him tomorrow to see when I can get in a lesson or 12.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
bogey, I hear you brother

I played 18 today...played "alright" through 9...46

then the back nine comes along and I'm thinking "geez, I haven't really been getting my weight through very well" and started trying to focus on that a bit...through the back nine I sent 5 balls OB off the tee and two into the water off the tee on 13

that's 7 balls off the tee in nine holes...carried myself to a handy 107 for the round (61 on the back)...this is right after having my best round ever last friday (86...or 88, depends on the desireability of counting a mulligan) and an 89 last tuesday

who knows what I would have shot if I hadn't started trying to fix things that weren't really problems?

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
That happens to me all the time, my first 3 holes I do great then the last 6, I start thinking and trying to crush the ball and all this stuff goes through my head. What I have to do is work on not thinking.

BentGrass

In the Lumbar Yard
Jul 3, 2005
Work out swing changes on the range, not the course. Easier said then done when you get those thoughts in your head.

Rainmanp

May 25, 2005
I played a couple of rounds week before last and had my best two scores since I started playing again in February after 12-13 years of no golf at all. Shot 94 the first round with nothing worse than a double. Through 8 the second round I was at 37. Nine was a nasty par three that cost me a SIX. Still, 43 not too shabby. Proceeded to shoot 8 on the par-5 10th, 10 on some other hole, winding up with 50 on the back. 93 still my best round lately, but what a frustrating way to do it.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I feel the pain. At my usual course, I can get something like a 12 on the first three holes (par 5,4,3) and I'll do well except for 2 holes. I think my last scorecard read as follows

4 4 3 5 8 8 3 5 4

I was so mad.. I mean, a mid 40's round for 9 isn't bad. But if I didn't choke on two holes I could've had my best round ever. I was driving terrible too, which is sort of unusual for me, but I never did more than a 2-putt.

Anyone can play an excellent hole of golf. The real challenge is doing it 9 times in a row.

Or 18 I suppose.

🔥 Latest posts