• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1 over after 5 holes

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I got bored yesterday evening. It had looked all day like the bottom was going fall out, we've been getting a ton of rain lately. Anyway, I finally couldn't stand it anymore and grabbed the clubs. The last time I played the driver was acting up big time, so I threw the 1 and 2 hybrids in the bag to tee off on most holes. I was able to get 5 holes in before it was to dark to continue. Arghhhhh, one over after 5 holes. Why did I wait so late to head out? :bang:

Do I think I'd have kept up that pace? Not really, but it does make you wonder, what I'd have shot if I'd have played a full 9 or 18? :confused:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Seems like that happens quite a bit.

A guy here at work was playing the other week and was on pace to shoot a personal best when it started raining, which was fine until he watched a lightening bolt hit a few hundred yards away....lol, needless to say he was done after that.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Next time you play start on 6 and see how it ends up... might be personal best might not! I think that's within the rules of golf isn't it?

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Seems like that happens quite a bit.

A guy here at work was playing the other week and was on pace to shoot a personal best when it started raining, which was fine until he watched a lightening bolt hit a few hundred yards away....lol, needless to say he was done after that.

Yeah, that would definitely over-rule a potential all time low score, ;)

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
My dad actually wants to start a course that has 3 6 hole tracks for the business golfer. Play it like a course with 3 nines, only it would make it easier to get out and play after work etc.

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
I once (whilst off a handicap of 16) shot 36 on the front 9 of my course... in the pouring rain! The guy marking my card wanted to come of.. but stayed on to finish the 2nd 9 with me...

IIRC i shot 48 on the back 9, won the completion :)

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online