• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

10 finger grip

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You play quite well!! You had a GREAT year on the course. We are so lucky, at our ages, to even be able to play this frustrating game. Many either have already left this Earth or their health won't let them do anything like swing a golf club. But, we always look for something to shave those couple more strokes off the score. Really, WBL... if you want my advice, you need to begin looking for a couple of new drivers to try out this season, a couple new putters, and a few wedges!!!!:D:D
Good advise limp! :rolleyes:

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
I use a ten finger grip as it's the most comfortable to me and I feel like I have the most control with it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I use a ten finger grip as it's the most comfortable to me and I feel like I have the most control with it.

I've used the 10-finger for most of the time I've played golf. Going to try beginning this year with an interlocking grip. Beginning to have some arthritis issues in my hands and think the interlock may help.

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
I've used the 10-finger for most of the time I've played golf. Going to try beginning this year with an interlocking grip. Beginning to have some arthritis issues in my hands and think the interlock may help.
Now I would have assumed the opposite would be true. Let me know how it works out.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
the baseball the thumbs wrap around the grip...
How could you even swing a club that way? Seems like you'd snap-hook the living shit out of everything.

FWIW - I overlap, and at impact I think the only part of my right hand touching the grip is the half of my index finger between the palm and first knuckle.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
… I think the only part of my right hand touching the grip is the half of my index finger between the palm and first knuckle.

But, I'm left-handed and play golf right-handed so if most right-handed people playing golf right-handed only have half of their right index finger touching, how much of the index finger would a left-handed golfer playing golf right-handed or a right-handed golfer playing left-handed have of their right or left index finger on the club? Should be a pretty simply question...…..

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
But, I'm left-handed and play golf right-handed so if most right-handed people playing golf right-handed only have half of their right index finger touching, how much of the index finger would a left-handed golfer playing golf right-handed or a right-handed golfer playing left-handed have of their right or left index finger on the club? Should be a pretty simply question...…..

🔥 Latest posts