• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

105º F in Wisconsin?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
They predicted it and my thermometer confirms it. 105º F here today (40.55º C). In Wisconsin? Holy global warming Batman!

Oops. Just checked and it's up to 107º F!!!

Anybody stupid... I mean brave enough to golf in this shit?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
How humid is it? We had 95*+ weather about 2 weeks ago with humidity so thick you could cut it. I HATE that kind of weather. Hopefully its not headed our way!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I refuse to golf in anything warmer than 90º, it's just no fun when you are sweating your balls off and have to wait on every hole. If the course is empty than it's not so bad because you can fly around the course.

And it's 102º here and supposed to be worse tomorrow.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
92 in NY today with near 100% humidity. It felt like I was drowning, trying to breathe. Walked 18. Drank about 80 ounces of water, peed 0 times.

Energy level was surprisingly good for the round. When I got home I slept for four hours.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
How humid is it? We had 95*+ weather about 2 weeks ago with humidity so thick you could cut it. I HATE that kind of weather. Hopefully its not headed our way!

Dew point is 70% for tomorrow so probably was similar today.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Cheeseheads melting?

a1.bp.blogspot.com__GGU9dpSW1y8_SMgZV9fPOJI_AAAAAAAAAo0_NHUsXx2HYRs_s400_DSCF2169.JPG

Attachments

• a1.bp.blogspot.com__GGU9dpSW1y8_SMgZV9fPOJI_AAAAAAAAAo0_NHUsXx2HYRs_s400_DSCF2169.JPG
    a1.bp.blogspot.com__GGU9dpSW1y8_SMgZV9fPOJI_AAAAAAAAAo0_NHUsXx2HYRs_s400_DSCF2169.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 50
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I refuse to golf in anything warmer than 90º, it's just no fun when you are sweating your balls off and have to wait on every hole. If the course is empty than it's not so bad because you can fly around the course.

And it's 102º here and supposed to be worse tomorrow.

Yeah but there IS no one else stupid enough to be on the course when it's that hot so there is no waiting. At least that's what we found Monday.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
It was hot as hell today and supposed to be similar tomorrow. I have a tee time @ 10am tomorrow. We'll be riding with plenty of fluids though so we'll be alright.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Hi all--

It was about a million degrees yesterday in a weekly league. On the drive down, the car said it was 104 outside. I got one of those super-gulp 44oz specials from Speedway for 99 cents and it was gone in three holes. Refilled it with water from coolers every 2-3 holes after that. Didn't pee once, and I was thirsty as all hell when I got back to the clubhouse.

They say a man never drowned in his own sweat; I disagree. I may have been the first to pull it off.

At least the 19th had $5 pitchers. That was a happy ending on an otherwise disastrous golf day. :)

Edit: This is from today. Not a chance in hell I'd be out on the course.

aimg35.imageshack.us_img35_3585_imag0316d.jpg

Attachments

• aimg35.imageshack.us_img35_3585_imag0316d.jpg
    aimg35.imageshack.us_img35_3585_imag0316d.jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 47

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
For the past couple of weeks it's been over 100* F here, but the humidity has been low so it's actually been tolerable. We got some rain over the past couple of days and now it's a different story. It's amazing the difference humidity makes. Still, I wish I had the chance to play golf in it...I don't care how hot it is, I'm having withdrawals.

One thing that will save your life on the course in this weather...a towel. Wet that baby down with cold water and drape it over your head and neck. It'll drop your core temp down incredibly. It's a must right now while we're having record setting temperatures.

Stay cool guys!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
One thing that will save your life on the course in this weather...a towel. Wet that baby down with cold water and drape it over your head and neck. It'll drop your core temp down incredibly. It's a must right now while we're having record setting temperatures.

Cold water becomes warm water in about 30 seconds in that weather.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
We had a record June here in Ireland, the wettest since records began, back to approx. 1906. We had 169.2mm of liquid sunshine and I think July is trying to beat June, as so far it seems like it has rained every day for the last week. Forgetting what the sun looks like. Ground is nearly at saturation levels. Lots of news stories over past few weeks about localised flooding. Send some of your heat / sunshine over to Ireland please!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.