• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

14th @ PB, D.D. on leader board on Sunday, exciting golf, no Tiger?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Wow, three 9's on the 14th at Pebble Beach, that is a sadistic pin placement. You have what, a 3 foot circle to land the ball in and keep it on the green? That is insane, it was almost painful watching the pros go from one side of the green to the next, coming up short and watching it roll back to where they started, or worse. I can only imagine what 99% of us would have to write down for a score under those conditions.

David Duval one off the lead with Dustin Johnson struggling on the way in? I hate to wish anyone a bad shot or two, but come on man, Duval is overdue. You're young Dustin, skank a good one into the deep blue sea, lol. Seriously, it is great seeing DD playing good golf again, all four days!

Maybe its the train wreck the 14th hole has been today, or watching DD play good, but IMHO this has been some exciting golf to watch, and omg, Tiger's not even in the field. How is that possible, exciting golf without the Cheetah? Can this be happening? All we have heard since his announced hiatus was the funeral durge of the PGA. And here we are, the 2nd tournament out of the gate and its enthralling and exciting golf being played? Could it be we have been mislead? You mean the PGA and golf in general can and will survive without Tiger? :confused:

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I didn't even know there was golf going on this weekend. I recall a buddy saying Stricker was doing well last weekend, and I didn't know what he was talking about.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Was a good finish with DJ birdieing the last hole to win. Question is, if Tiger were in the field and the low scores they were posting, would he have gone even lower? But he wasnt't there and they still had a great tourney!

blackxpress

May 12, 2008
Personally, I would rather watch golf without Tiger. You get to see a lot of different guys play. When Tiger's there all you see is Tiger.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Wow, three 9's on the 14th at Pebble Beach, that is a sadistic pin placement. You have what, a 3 foot circle to land the ball in and keep it on the green? That is insane, it was almost painful watching the pros go from one side of the green to the next, coming up short and watching it roll back to where they started, or worse. I can only imagine what 99% of us would have to write down for a score under those conditions.

David Duval one off the lead with Dustin Johnson struggling on the way in? I hate to wish anyone a bad shot or two, but come on man, Duval is overdue. You're young Dustin, skank a good one into the deep blue sea, lol. Seriously, it is great seeing DD playing good golf again, all four days!

Maybe its the train wreck the 14th hole has been today, or watching DD play good, but IMHO this has been some exciting golf to watch, and omg, Tiger's not even in the field. How is that possible, exciting golf without the Cheetah? Can this be happening? All we have heard since his announced hiatus was the funeral durge of the PGA. And here we are, the 2nd tournament out of the gate and its enthralling and exciting golf being played? Could it be we have been mislead? You mean the PGA and golf in general can and will survive without Tiger? :confused:

2nd tournament?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I think it was an awesome finish. I was cheering for a three guys play-off to make it even more interesting, but DJ decided to put it in and ruin the party hehehehe. Great for Duval by the way. Hope he keeps the pace all year long. Great golf to be played this year. I just have to sit down and start thinking bout my picks for the Coffee Cup Challenge here in ST so I can finally win something after being runner up last time hehehehe

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I was really pulling for DD. Four rounds without one score looking like one I'd post is very promising. I'm hoping for a solid comeback. I'm not counting on him returning to #1 by any means, but I'd certainly like to see him on the 1-2 page leaderboard every few weeks.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Was a good finish with DJ birdieing the last hole to win. Question is, if Tiger were in the field and the low scores they were posting, would he have gone even lower? But he wasnt't there and they still had a great tourney!
My jealousy over your sig picture runneth amok...I think I hate you.... :wink:

Glad to see Duval play well. Now if he can string 2 tournaments together...

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i got back from my round and saw Goydos on his eighth shot, and was like, wtf? then he missed that one, in for 9. so he goes from 1st to 5th, what did that hole cost him?? $$$$

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I also enjoyed watching the tourney. Great to see DD playing so well just like the old days. He played pretty good the week before too as I recall. You're right about no Tiger..............you get to see alot more golfers. Those 9's on 14 were painful to watch......but I loved it. When I get a 9 at least I don't lose thousands of dollars.......LOL. Dustin Johnson is a new star. He has it all.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I know its undignified to beg but here goes:

Please, please PLEASE DD, get another good finish like this so you can secure your card for next year. I loved wacthing him play in the late 90's, early 00's and its never been the same for me without him. Just one more good Tourney would do, make a million on the money list so you'll be safe and get back to working on your game. Obviously a win for an exemption would be better but I'll be happy enough if it is just one more good tourney.

Your adoring fan,

LH

🔥 Latest posts