• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1st Eagle today!.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
Woo Hoo first eagle ever today!. Strange enough, I always would have thought it would be on a par5, as I have been on and around them in 2 quite a few times.

Funny Eagle though, I hit a crappy drive on a 286yrd (driveable somedays) I had about 125 uphill to the flag from the left rough, and hit a great lookin shot with my 51deg wedge. It was a bit low but very well hit for me. It started at the left of the green and had a nice draw flight towards the right side flag... Anyways, it just kept getting better and better, then disapeared in the cup.

Couldn't believe it. :) Just happy and wanted to share. As the rest of my golf day sucked and no one was there to see my eagle. :(

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
awesome, congrats. Like you, I've only had 1 eagle in my career. Also on a par 5. It was a great feeling albeit lucky put. :D

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Congrats! I can't remember my first, but I can remember my last. Par 4 about 320, downwind. Drove the green and drained the putt! Feel's pretty damn good, huh?

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Good work. I enjoy the par four eagle much more than the par five eagle. It's as close as I've ever been to that hole-in-one feeling. It's been quite a while since I've knocked one in on a par four. I did knock a wedge in from 70 or so yards last week, unfortunately that was after chunking my second shot.

Kevin

OP
H

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
Thanks for the congrats. It feels good forsure, a feeling I probably wont see for another 200 rounds or so.... I'm sure I'll get some close, but the odds of one going in from back that far arn't too good. :)... Hopefully it will happen for me sometime when I've got some playing partners.

:)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Congrats on the eagle, still waiting on my 1st one. Been real close but that doesn't mean squat.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Thanks for the congrats. It feels good forsure, a feeling I probably wont see for another 200 rounds or so.... I'm sure I'll get some close, but the odds of one going in from back that far arn't too good. :)... Hopefully it will happen for me sometime when I've got some playing partners.

:)

Oh, so it wasn't witnessed? Didn't happen. You're such a liar. In that case, I had three eagles today and I didn't even play.:)

Of course, I'm just kidding...maybe.

🔥 Latest posts