• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1st eagle

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I hope this doesn't make anyone mad, it was in the mid 40's to low 50's here today on Christmas Eve. Me and my oldest step-son played 27 holes. We both had nothing to do and all day to do it, :laugh:. Santa brought me some FootJoy winter golf gloves and I was dying to try them out. They kept my hands nice and warm, but will take some getting used to. I took them off once the morning chill burned off and it got into the upper 40's. My home course is a 9 hole par 35 so we played it 3 times obviously. The 1st 9 I was hacking it up pretty bad and shot a 46 and he shot a 42. The 2nd time around I shot a 45 and him a 43. But the 3rd time around we were both warmed up, the temp had gotten into the 50's and we were both playing pretty good. We swapped the lead back and forth all the way around till the last hole where I par'ed it and he bogeyed to give me a 39 and him a 40. But to the important news, on the 2nd hole the 3rd time around I hit my tee shot to the left into the rough about 60 yards out on a 307 yard par 4. My son was in the fairway about 40 out and hit a sand wedge to within 10 feet of the pin. I could see the top of the flag due to a hill and hit a PW straight at the flag. I knew it was flying straight at it but couldn't see it land and my son wasn't watching it either. We got to the green and he was bragging about how close he was to the flag and I was looking for my ball. I knew it should have been on the green but couldn't see it. Then I noticed just a touch of white sticking up out of the hole by the flag. I started walking towards the flag and suddenly knew that was my ball so I told him, "yeah Chris, that's a pretty darn good approach shot, but you might want to come look at this" He walked over and sure enough, there was my Srixon wedged between the flag and the edge of the cup. I'd made my 1st ever Eagle, :laugh:. I took my mini Sharpie and wrote the date12/24/07, and "1st Eagle" on it. It now has a place of pride in my golf ball display.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Great story, man. Excellent stuff !

It is things like this that make your day, and more importantly make you thankful that you play this great game, even though it can really pi$$ you off on occasion. :)

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
Wonderful story:)Congrats on eagle:laugh: Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and ALL Forum readers.

par5in4

Dec 24, 2007
I'll never forget my 1st eagle either! And, like yours, mine is dated and will be place proudly in my display case (whenever I get around to making it!). Nice job and Merry Christmas!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Congrats on your first eagle!:)

I still have my first Eagle ball, an Orange Top Flite II. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
"I hope this doesn't make anyone mad, it was in the mid 40's to low 50's here today on Christmas Eve."

Your "hope" isn't doing much good! I don't know you, but don't like you at all!! We're still snow covered with another couple inches predicted for tomorrow. Been something like 5 straight weekends since I've got to play. The fact that you got out to play on Christmas Eve makes me wish you'd gotten frostbite!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Hey, great shot!!! And EAGLE!!! Isn't that a neat feeling? Congrats!! My first was similar. Had sliced a drive right of the fairway so had a blind shot over a small hill. Could only see the tip of the flag. Son-in-law had hit a good drive down the pike. He was just cresting the hill when he saw my second shot hit the green, bounce a couple of times and dive into the hole. He was more excited than I.

Keep swinging and more good shots like that will happen. You'll really remember this Christmas for many years to come!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Awesome shot man. Now that's an Xmas present.

I've only had 1 as well and it came on a short par 4 also. I hit a 5iron off the tee and had about 70yds. I hit a 54* wedge cut like I'd planned, it hit the green and broke to the right. I had the luxury of seeing it the whole way and it was like slow motion rolling into the cup. I threw my wedge in the air and was dancing around hooting and hollaring like a fool. :laugh: What a feeling.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Great story!

Merry Xmas, make sure to fill us in when number 2 comes along

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I had a wee eddie the eagle today: Huuuuge 3-wood, 9-iron to about 10 feet and suck her. Holed 2 great birdie putts on the hole either side of that one for a good 'mini-run.' :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online