• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1st time in Golf Galaxy today...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
My friend is a manager at a GG and they switched to the Dick's values for trades, so they are giving about half of what they used to for clubs, basing it off the PGA value guide rather than Global Golf values. As a result, they are getting far less clubs traded in and the retail that they put them out at is much lower than they used to be so they are selling a lot more.

I was surprised at how little they had as far as preowned clubs go. I guess it makes sense now after reading what you posted here.

blackxpress

May 12, 2008
Yeah and now that you mention that... last time I was in the local GG here their golf works section sucked ass bigtime. They had down-sized it to about half what it was the last time I was in there.

Yeah, that's how I found out about the change. I had some clubs built and, lucky for me they had what I needed, but just barely. The guy said when they sell out all their components, that's it. I pretty much wiped out their stock of heads and was lucky that they had the FW shafts I wanted. I ordered a 3W and 5W and they had exactly 2 shafts left.

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
I have a GG about 15 minutes from the house and a Golfsmith about 30 minutes. Then a Dicks about 20 minutes. It is nice to have them close and if I am in the area I usually stop in if I have time.

I do have a grip about Golfsmith, this probably goes for most all golf stores, but at this one Golfsmith they did not have one lefthanded demo drive or FW to hit. Just a bummer.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.