• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 ball putter

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Interesting, I always thought of my 2-ball as feeling light. My Scotty is 350 grams and has a much smaller head that the 2-ball. Size does not necessarily correlate to weight. I even have the Tour Filled 2-ball with an additional 20 gram of weight pack in the sole and still found it light. There is a lot of air space in most of the larger putters and they are typically made out of lighter alloys. The reason for the monster heads to move the weight further back from the club face to increase MOI (moment of inertia) which should increase resistance to torque.

Quite frankly, there is not a putter I have tried that would convince me to give up my Newport 2's.

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
one thing that has always influneced my choice of putter is whether u can use it to pick your ball up with because I'm just that lazy

BlakeDgreat

My title doesn't fit here
Jul 19, 2006
Well then you'll be bending over a lot if you get a 2-ball. Just one con to having a it.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
EnglishGolfer said:
one thing that has always influneced my choice of putter is whether u can use it to pick your ball up with because I'm just that lazy
You can with the Craz-E as well as the White Hot XG #7. Interestingly enough, you can do that with the XG #7 just by pushing down on the ball (not scooping). When I was practicing with the putter the club pro showed me that just out of the blue. If you get the 2 ball you can always get one of those suction cups that go on the end of the shaft. You know, the one the really old guys that can't bend over use to get the ball out of the hole. :)

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
You know, the one the really old guys that can't bend over use to get the ball out of the hole. :)

You young whippersnapper! (imagine the fist I'm shaking at my monitor right now)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Hey EG have a look at the YES range of putters. I've just got a Victoria model (they all have birds names) it's a mallet and you can scoop the ball up nice and easy with it but the dam things keep going in the hole. They roll the ball really nice and I picked it up for only £45 off ebay from a fella in Preswick who's selling loads of them mate.

How's the driver search going BTW? That FT-3 is available for transfer if your intreasted?

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
ManchesterGolfer said:
How's the driver search going BTW? That FT-3 is available for transfer if your intreasted?

I've not hit a Cleveland yet but the nob in Directgolf Bury was irritating me that much I had to leave before I got all shouty. It looks like I'm going to get a Cobra SZ440 (like you suggested) They're only £99

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
There only £79 now, but have a look on ebay for a SZ460. You can get them for about a oner now and they have a much better shaft (Aldila NV) that should suit your smooth swing IMO.;)

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
ManchesterGolfer said:
that should suit your smooth swing IMO.;)

Sorry mate but before you go any further I think you should know that I'm spoken for :biglol:.

My "smooth swing" has gone to pot lately. Oddly enough it started to go cock eyed on the day I met you at the range and has gone down hill since. It must have been because I was trying to keep up with you smashing drives down to the end fence. D'oh!

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
ManchesterGolfer said:
Hey EG have a look at the YES range of putters. I've just got a Victoria model (they all have birds names) it's a mallet and you can scoop the ball up nice and easy with it but the dam things keep going in the hole. They roll the ball really nice and I picked it up for only £45 off ebay from a fella in Preswick who's selling loads of them mate.

Prestwick, eh? What's his name and how can I contact him?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I've never had a problem with putting, never really walked away from a round saying, man I did terribly on the green. And I used to be a big blade style putter lover, but I finally started using my dad's two ball and just liked the entire feel.

The one place where I think it helps is the rotational torque(as mentioned before) on my long putts, i.e. 30ft+, I keep it straighter and truer.

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
£130!!!!! I'd rather have that in my pocket and take 4 more putts per round. I really should have looked at the price before opening my mouth on here,

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
After 16 years of putting with a tiny T-LINE blade putter (about the same size as the classic Wilson 8802) I switched to the 2-Ball about six weeks ago.

I am definitely putting better. My long putting is about the same but it is definitely helping on the putts of 15 feet and less..

Just my two cents.

🔥 Latest posts