• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 Circles!!!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Finally, after 3 years of playing, I got my 1st eagle this afternoon!! It wasn't a boring putt either. The hole is a par 4 294yds. It plays downhill and has a sharp dogleg left back up to an elevated green. It's kind of a fools drivable par 4. If you miss the green you'll be walking all the way back up to try again. I hit a 5iron with a 5yd. draw and it took a good bounce forward at the end. I had about 60yds. (paced it after) to the front and about 20feet back to the pin. I hit a perfect 1/2 wedge with a little fade on it. It lands about 5ft. on and breaks toward the hole. I yelled "get in there" and it listened. I was jumping around hooting and hollaring, clapping my hands like an idiot. That one will keep me going for a long time.

I also had 2 more firsts today. I shot 38 out front and 39 on the back, my first 2 9's under 40 for another 77. I also accomplished my season goal. My cap will be a 9.7 as of the next revision. I can honestly say I couldn't have done it without all the great advice regarding swing, shots, equipment, strategy, ect. I have gotten from all you guys. Plus I have somewhere to brag about it.
icon10.gif
Thanks so much guys.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Thats 29.95$ for each tip;) so that ends up being around 17823 dollars owed towards the shottalkers.:D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Awesome dude! Great round, great scores, just great play!

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
77 with an eagle? Sounds like 17 holes of crap and a deuce! Only kidding, congrats, I've never holed out for eagle and am sure it's better than making a putt but it's the same on the scorecard

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, I had quite a few bogies. Right out of the gate I made 2 on easy holes. Then I took a chance and hit a perfect driver fade on #3, pitched a SW to the severly uphill green and left an 8footer 2inches short. 28 putts, you'd think it was hot but it was really ice cold, I missed a bunch of par saves as well as a couple birds. #9, par 5, I put together a driver-5W, both fades and pitched on. 3 putted from 15ft, what a horrible read I made on that one.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I'm jealous, lowering my HC below 10 and breaking 80 were MY goals this summer! Well done man!

atlgolfer

Aug 9, 2006
Here is my best eagle. It was about 2 years ago at the east lake golf club (that's where they have the tour championship in ATL). I went out with my boss and 2 IBM vendors (gotta love those vendor sponsored golf events:)). I don't exactly remember which hole it was, I think it might have been either 14 or 15, fairly short par 4. Anyway, for my 2nd shot, I have about 110 yards over the bunker to a flag located towards the front side of the green. I hit a choked up PW and because of the bunker in the front, we couldn't see where the balls landed but it looked good, was right at the pin. So, we get up to the green and don't see the ball and my caddie looks into the hole and there it was. A memorable eagle 2 at east lake golf club home of tour championship.
Oh and the GA tech golfers get to play here for free, lucky bastards.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
congrats on your eagle, i have had quite a few, but have never holed out for one. Im sure its 1000x better when you hole out.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Thanks. I've had right around a dozen chances with putts, half of them on par 4's but could never convert. Those are less frequent now that I have lost a little driver distance and gained a whole lot in the way of course management. It sure was exciting to see that thing track to hole and then drop. It's also nice to have the 2 actually make a difference on the card. Back when I was just trying to drive everything I could have had an eagle and still not broken 100. :rolleyes:

JackS

Sep 18, 2006
Congratulations!

Well, I just joined and this is exactly what I was hoping to find. With a little luck, that will be me a year from now. I've played on and off for a decade. I'm one of those legions who shoot in the upper 90's, but hit those two or three really good shots per round that make me say "If I ever got serious, I think I could be pretty good at this."

One summer I did just that, 5-day golf school in April, lessons every week and played about twice a week. Dropped down to shooting in the mid - upper 80s by the end of that season with a low of 84. Then decided to start a business and life got back in the way again.

Now I've got some of my life back and have committed to making golf my #1 leisure activity. Goal for next summer is to break 80. Hope you guys can help.

As a semi plug, the company I launched is not a golf company at all, we manufacture and sell shirts. We did make one for golfers though, if you're interested. We think it's fun. And stuff like that is what's allowing me to start golfing once again!

http://www.leisurenut.com/proddetail.asp?prod=YDGolf

Anyway, I look forward to learning a lot over this winter and putting it to good use in Fl and next summer.

🔥 Latest posts