• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 Eagles.....76. Lol.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Not really sure which is more shocking.

Dropped 2 Eagles today! ....and only managed to card a 76. Thats good, and bad shooting.

1st one was on the second hole. (played the far nine, MGP) a decent length par 4 from the blues that I was playing.

Smoke my drive.

leave myself about 130 or so uphill with a crosswind...kinda uphill lie to a 3 tiered green. pin in the middle, so i club an 8 iron and take a nice smooth swing. ball starts out on my line...about 10 yards left of the pin (left to right crosswind) and tracks back on....ball goes right over the top of the pin and lands on the hill separating the top tier from the middle...settle on the crest for just a second, and then starts to creep back towards the hole....picks up speed...and then disappears...eagle!

par the next hole, par 3, and go onto the next par 5
90* dogleg left...water in the dogleg...i hit a nice drive kinda over the corner, leave myself 190 in. smoke a 4 iron to about 12 feet, and make a slippery putt downhill for the second Eagle.

rest of the round was nothing too special. sadly only finished the front nine with an even par 36. my ballstriking was really great for the most part. salvaged some tough pars late in the round otherwise it would have been worse.
34 putts kicked the bejesus out of me. definitely exposed some serious weaknesses in my game.

76 from the tips in wind....not bad.....76 from the tips in the wind with 2 eagles....kind of a let down...

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Well, focus on the positive. 2 eagles in one round is impressive! And, a 76 in wind from the tips with the rough you guys are talking about is freakin' good, too.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Well, focus on the positive. 2 eagles in one round is impressive! And, a 76 in wind from the tips with the rough you guys are talking about is freakin' good, too.

I'm guessing he managed to mostly stay out of the rough... :laugh:

There is something about the 20th hole... it's pretty long and uphill all the way after you clear the water 180 yds. or so off the tee. Big, slopey two tiered green with a big bunker in the front -- all around a tough par 4.

But for some reason we've both had great shots there. I hit a 4w to about 3 ft. under the hole and had an easy birdie putt last time I played it and now YG jars an 8i for eagle. :D

The second hole he eagled is one of my favorite holes on the course. Definitely favors a right-to-left hitter and has a tricky green also. Good par 5 though because careful shot placement can still get you a birdie playing it as a 3-shot hole.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States

2 eagles in 1 year is impressive, hell a lot of us are still trying to get our 1st one ever.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
2 eagles in 1 year is impressive, hell a lot of us are still trying to get our 1st one ever.

YG is a freak. He's always hitting par 5's in two and driving shorter par 4's. He gets lots of chances.

OTOH, when he does miss... :laugh:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
You made 2 eagles and shot a 76, and you are let down? You poor poor thing you. :rolleyes:

Geez, if I shot a 76, OR made 2 eagles in one round, I'd probably retire from golf right then, knowing I'd never match it again.

BTW, congrats on a great round !!!!!!! :thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts