• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 new sponsors!

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
Slingblade61 said:
Please welcome Accuflex from Accuflex Golf

And as soon as the registration comes in I will be able to introduce the owner of Custom Golf Sales

Please feel free to ask questions, treat them like gold (!) and buy their gear! :D

Good for you Sling. Keep ST in the green baby. (hey that's a very cool pun and I didn't even know it).

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Accuflex -

I'm looking for a shaft for a 3W. Something around 75-85 grams that plays like steel. I currently have an NV in there in S flex. What does Accuflex mfr that fits that my desired spec?

AccuFLEX

Aug 8, 2006
VtDivot said:
Accuflex -

I'm looking for a shaft for a 3W. Something around 75-85 grams that plays like steel. I currently have an NV in there in S flex. What does Accuflex mfr that fits that my desired spec?

VT Divot,

If you want soemthing that feels like steel, take a look at the Steel Shafts that are light weight like the TX 90, etc...

If you want that great feel of Graphite, with the stability of steel, we have two options.

#1- Icon FH (85 grams)

#2- Icon Heavyweight (Tour Proto) (95 grams)

Info. on both shafts can be found at www.accuflexgolf.com

Let me know which route you go, or if you need some guidance in choosing. Take a look at the web site first and get as much info. as possible.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
VT,

I think the Heavyweight it right up there. It might be a tad heavier, but so is steel...

I was debating that for my 7 wood, as I'd like something for accuracy, but i'm still not sold on the weight. My search continues...

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
what does a heavier shaft do to the ball's trajectory if anything?

would it be more accurate? less? no change?

thanks

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The heavier shafts (ie: steel) are more accurate, but because of the extra heft, slow your swingspeed. However, if you can crank it up with the best of them, a steel shaft will be much more accurate overall.

Remember when Tiger was using steel only is his driver? It was for that fact alone.

However, the new advances in technology have made graphite so much better these days that the goal is to get the lightest, stoutest graphite shaft you can to maximize distance and accuracy.

R35

AccuFLEX

Aug 8, 2006
Youngun5 said:
what does a heavier shaft do to the ball's trajectory if anything?

would it be more accurate? less? no change?

thanks

Depends on club length, the shaft weight or balance point will help determine final swingweight, for those that are dependent on that.

Also for some golfers, the heavier weight helps them drop the club inside "the slot" easier...

These are the two biggest reasons, in the past before the advancements in composites and shaft design, heavier shafts usually were more consistent and resisted "twisting" more, but this is really a non issue with a good graphite shaft.

Some "twisting" or Torque is needed and it all depends on the golfers swing.

🔥 Latest posts