• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 recent Hos

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I have just picked up (in the last 3 weeks or so) 2 new additions to my already overloaded kit....

R7 Ltd driver with the stiff matrix stock shaft and a Mizzy MX Fli-Hi 20 degree 3i replacement thingy.

R7 Ltd is a top quality driver. I've had 5 rounds with it now and am finding more fairways which is my main priority. It's long enough and the shaft is really smooth. It looks good too, which isn't the B all but nice all the same.
It's forgiving and I like the 440cc head size, seems a little more controllable and sets up really sweetly behind the ball. Have to say that watching some Brian Manzella clips has also helped my driving but I am glad I grabbed one of these and at the moment they are good value 2nd hand.

Got the hybrid despite being able to hit a 3i decently off the tee I am prone to block it off the deck so thought this would be a better bet all round. I am not convinced it suits me so well yet. It is very forgiving and hits a nice high flighted ball when I get it right but like many I am prone to pull it more often than not. Need some practice with it but if you use hybrids I would suggest trying this as its a very sweet feeling stick when its flushed and not at all bad when you give it a slight mis-hit.

Am now seeking some ridiculous tartan trousers to ensure there is no doubt that I really am a total pratt and I'm fixed.....for now.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
here you go Pal you'll look the dogs bollox in these sub seventy pink tartan trousers! :eek:

!BYSPJlwBWk~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLlh!lGBKgu)Zq)Dg~~_12.jpg
!BYSPJlwBWk~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLlh!lGBKgu)Zq)Dg~~_12.jpg

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
:beach3: Got the black/white ones.

No mid life crisis here...oh no...not me.

Cigar anyone?

Picked up a new pair of Eccos too, I am going to be bitch slapped all the way to Xmas for that one.

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Just a quick update on the R7 Ltd.

No doubt this is the best driver I've had. Today on a mildly wind assisted 485 yard par I had an 8 iron in after having a half gap wedge to the previous par 4. It's a bomber and so forgiving.

If you don't really need the FCT for the R9 and drive ok this is a killer combo with the matrix shaft.

I even sold my back up - tempting fate city here I come but just can't see past this club.

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Amended that for you.

:biglol:

Bastardo!!!

Too well you know me Ho-bi Wan

Seriously though I hit one drive 300+ today - honest - 160 left from 485 - bounced higher than your monthly paypal bill admittedly but man, it went miles.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
How's the carry/launch on that driver with that shaft? Was looking at one in a 10.5* with the Matrix last night online. I need to get the ball up off the tee. I'm changing courses next year, and the new place is much softer, whereas I hit the FT-i relatively low (though it's supposed to be high launch) and it rolls like crazy where I play now. That won't happen at the new place, where there are also more dog legs where I need more carry to cut corners.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts