• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 week lockdown

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Our local politicians have decided to close everything apart from essential services for the next fortnight as a circuit breaker strategy. Despite all the safeguards currently in place, golf is out. There is not much logic behind the decision, 100 people over 100 acres, not touching any surfaces etc?? But it is what it is and gurning about it doesn't help. At least, at this time of year, the effects are not huge, I only get to play a shortened course on Saturdays. I guess I will need to find another channel to focus on for the next few weekends. Roll on 14 days!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Nothing is the same as it was. We didn't have to close our course in 2020, ,but who knows what 2021 will hand us. We had to present an entire list of protocols put in place to remain open. Most of those have been raised, but the mask mandate is still in place for our clubhouse. Thought we'd seen it all in our 74 years. 2020 has proved we were wrong.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So very much not looking forward to what winter is gonna bring this year. I’d been able to keep some semblance of sanity by getting outside and playing golf this summer. I don’t ski, snowboard or snowmobile in winter. Kinda dreading it to be honest...winter is coming [emoji23]‍♂️

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
So very much not looking forward to what winter is gonna bring this year. I’d been able to keep some semblance of sanity by getting outside and playing golf this summer. I don’t ski, snowboard or snowmobile in winter. Kinda dreading it to be honest...winter is coming [emoji23]‍♂️

Preach!

🔥 Latest posts