• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Boomerang Professional - 30-day Members Offer

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
For what it's worth I didn't like it.

It didn't give me any sense of realism. I'd rather spend time on the putting green.

For me realism isn't even an issue, how can it be with a device? It's about dialing in a consistent stroke.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I was lucky enough to win an original back when Alex first came to ST. Awesome product. It has definitely improved my putting speed as well as dramatically improving my line. If you not hitting it straight, the Boomerang will let you know in a heart beat.

I have not checked the link, but if it is truely $20, I am definitely going to pick another one up. The original is fairly large, while the new model is a lot more compact without altering the function. I got a chance to hit on the newer model at last years PGA merchandise show and it works identical to the older model.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
For those who do not already have it, I would suggest getting the 12 ft. putting matt version. The matt is exactly as advertised and will give you a truer roll than almost any surface you have available to you unless you have your own putting green. On top of the roll, it also work as an alignment aid for helping you improve your putting line. Definitely worth the extra cost.

If its the same DVD he shipped a few years ago, you'll get a real kick out of Alex's choice of putting footwear in the video.:laugh:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
For me realism isn't even an issue, how can it be with a device? It's about dialing in a consistent stroke.

Agreed. And when there's 15" of snow on the ground, that's about as real as it's gonna get.

If I have a choice, I'm taking the putting green. If I don't, this is a good alternative to keep your stroke pure. It won't help you read greens, or grain or anything like that, but it will dial in the sweet spot a little better. And, for alot of guys, this is the BIGGEST component of their game that needs help.

It's not for everyone, of course. I happen to like it.

R35

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
If I have a choice, I'm taking the putting green. If I don't, this is a good alternative to keep your stroke pure. It won't help you read greens, or grain or anything like that, but it will dial in the sweet spot a little better. And, for alot of guys, this is the BIGGEST component of their game that needs help.
R35

I view the Boomerang as more of a training device. Going to a putting green is great, but its not going to help you roll the ball better. The Boomerang teaches you how to hit the ball better so that when you go to a practice green you can work on your green reading skills. A wide open putting surface can mask your putting errors. To have any kind of success on the Boomerang, you have to lean how to hit the ball straight (sound easy enough, but you would be surprised how many people can not putt straight) and with proper speed. Any mistakes in those two areas are immediately apparent and you will not be successful.

Like most aspects of the game of golf, I do not practice enough. Any time my putting starts to lose its effictiveness, I pull the Boom out and start rolling putts until I get my putting stroke back. 20 minutes on the Boomerang gets me back into the groove and I can go back to just worrying about reading the greens. I wish they had a device that was as effective for my full swing where I could just practice on it for 20 mins and then go out and play as well as I putt after using the Boomerang.

Irish

May 9, 2007
I one my 4th putter and I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to think it's the puttie's, not the putters fault.

Thats just blasphemy right there...its never your fault especially when there is some high end equipment out there which you have not tested yet....:laugh:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
This deal is going to expire in less than 10 days. If your still sitting on the fence, time is running out.

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Thats just blasphemy right there...its never your fault especially when there is some high end equipment out there which you have not tested yet....:laugh:

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. Matter of fact my Sales Professional at the pro shop told me you can buy a game and he should know, right?:laugh:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, I got my Boomerang, and a new putter, so obviously I decided it was the putters fault. But using the Boomerang I can see how it's going to help my putting. Like has been said, it is a lot harder to roll the ball straight down that skinny mat than it looks. Add to that the fact you have to judge your speed just right to get it to hang in the hole and it's quite challenging, and very addictive. And BTW, The new putter, "The Fat Lady Swings", is working out great, so it was the putters fault for sure, not mine, :laugh:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
It says 30 day offer and was posted 1-2-08, but the site say's it's ended. Is this correct?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
It says 30 day offer and was posted 1-2-08, but the site say's it's ended. Is this correct?

E-mail Alex from the his website. He will probably still honor the deal. Gp To Boomerang Golf <---- Link Click the Memebers Review E-Mail box to send Alex an e-mail. Remember to include that your an ST member.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I spoke with Alex on WRX - he is out of boomerangs. I think their will be another deal in the future, but not sure when. :)

Leek

Jan 23, 2008

I had the same experience. I saw the "30 Day Offer" earlier this week on wrx, clicked on it to buy and the link said it expired.

Alex may be a great guy, but if you post 30 days I think you should honor it.
JMHO

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I had the same experience. I saw the "30 Day Offer" earlier this week on wrx, clicked on it to buy and the link said it expired.

Alex may be a great guy, but if you post 30 days I think you should honor it.
JMHO

From what Mike said earlier, he is out of the boomerangs. It is tough to offer a deal on something when you don't have any of them to sell.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.