• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 NFL Season?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I've noticed this season has brought absolutely no comments on anybody in this forum other than the buzz about Favre's new team.

Isn't there anything going on you guys think might be interesting to share or comment about?

I think its been a wonderful season by far. It isn't as "obvious" as some other seasons have been. There have been a thousand surprises. I guess I'm going to start with some things and I hope someone else shres their thoughts.

-First, regarding my team (The Bears), I have to say I find it obvious they made a mistake bringing Cutler here. I ain't saying he isn't an amazing QB, but he has no weapons to shoot at and might not be the most suited for the Bears game. Might have been a better idea to search for a couple of WR and use the pics they used on Cutler to go up in the draft and select a promising QB for the future while Orton still could keep the game going. He has shown he can play. He might not be the most outstanding but is surely doing a hell of a job in Denver, maybe with an inferior team than Chicago. Might that mean the Bears have a coach problem rather than a "line-up" one?

-Drew Brees is an awesome QB. The Saints really look like a SB contender right now. They can crush ANY defense out there, but, unfortunately, Brees has shown he can choke anytime as well. In the other hand, there is Payton Manning, who I don't think knows the definition of "choking". He could have my grand-ma on her wheel chair as a receiver and still she would catch at least a TD pass every game. Even if you hate the Colts, you have to cheer the discipline and constancy Manning has. And thinking Ryan Leaf "almost" got his spot in the draft...

-Isn't it amazing what the Bengals have achieved? I'm not talking about winning to a terrible team as Chicago :)unhappy:), but te fact no one I think would have bet a penny on a 5-2 start.

-Other players who are doing a hell of a job without a lot of publicity: Schaub, Orton, Palmer Rodgers.

-There was a wonderful generation of African-American QBs with McNabb and McNair for example, but this new generation involving Young and Russell just sucks big time.

-Redskins situation is really sad. Watching MNF yesterday I couldn't think of a way to play with less motivation.

Any thoughts?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I have to agree with your assessment of the Saints. They look amazing right now. But having grown up a Saints/Aints fan, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sunday I thought it had, but then they pulled off that amazing come back.

The Colts are my other favorite fan. I'm a huge Volunteer fan,and when Peyton played for the Vols I became a huge fan of his, so when Peyton was drafted by the Colts I immediately adopted them. The way my luck goes, the Saints and the Colts will meet in the Super Bowl. Come to think of it, I guess that wouldn't be so bad. At least I wouldn't be upset either way it went.

And mark my word. If you think Katrina tore up New Orleans, you haven't seen anything compared to what those Saints fans will do if they win the Super Bowl. They will literally come unglued and probably end up burning half the city down in celebration.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
We quit talking about football, in the Kansas City area, right after Herm Edwards was hired. Doesn't appear that the Edwards fire and Hailey hire accomplished anything. The Chefs are cooking up one of the worst teams in NFL history. That said...

Been a weird year. Last weekend, something like 6 games were decided by 28 points or more. Not much fun watching blowout after blowout after blowout. There are about a half dozen teams that are at the cream of the crop. There are, likewise, about a half dozen teams that are pathetic. And, there are some great surprises.

Pats, Colts, Bengals, Saints, Giants, Broncos... all appear to be contenders. Vikings and Packers are strong and are having super seasons.

Chefs, Bucs, Redskins, Raiders, Rams, Lions, Browns... don't appear to be going anywhere.

The Broncos are amazing. New coach and some personnel issues could have spelled disaster. Wow!! What a job that coaching staff has done! Texans have finally become a team to contend with after being cellar dwellers for decades. And, just as amazingly dissappointing are the Titans!! What happened?????

The Jets are finally contenders. And, the Dolphins can play with anyone on any given day. Bills, 49ers, Seahawks, Falcons, Cards will get beaten up by the upper tier and will beat up on the lower tier. Their seasons will be completely dependant on scheduling.

Look for quite a few coaching changes after this season. Will Cowher, Gruden, and Holmgren "unretire" and get back into coaching????

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The one time I gloat the Steelers lost the next two games.

I'd hate to say I'm a supersticious man, but, well, I ain't sayin dick. :)

I'll talk about other teams though.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The one time I gloat the Steelers lost the next two games.

I'd hate to say I'm a supersticious man, but, well, I ain't sayin dick. :)

I'll talk about other teams though.
I had this thing where every time i would start watching a football game or even baseball game halfway through and my team was winning when i started watching, they would 100% of the time lose that game. So if i don't catch kickoff or first pitch i don't watch the game...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I am quite happy with the way the Pats are playing. :D

The Saints are the class of the league at the moment, however. Their defense has really picked it up this year and that alone may get them deep into the playoffs.

The Vikings are looking good, too, just not as good as the Saints. I was wrong about Favre, he seems to be the missing piece in that offense and will likely take them to the playoffs.

The Dolphins are the best team in Florida, but that is not saying much. Quite possibly the best running game in the league, but they are probably not going to make the playoffs.

49'ers are a bit of a surprise. They are playing really well under Singletary and could wind the NFC west.

The biggest surprises are how bad some teams are. The Titans? Best record in the league last year and now can not win a game. St. Louis and Tampa are not going to scare anyone. Detroit has improved but they are not going to threaten too many teams other than those listed in this paragraph and, of course, the Deadskins.

Potential Super Bowl preview on Nov 30th: Pats at the Saints.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
And mark my word. If you think Katrina tore up New Orleans, you haven't seen anything compared to what those Saints fans will do if they win the Super Bowl. They will literally come unglued and probably end up burning half the city down in celebration.

You should see what those Katrina people have done to ATL. Hopefully the Saints win, and they will leave. ;)

As for the season.. It's been pretty boring to me.. Although, I am happy with the way the Falcons are playing this year, although I'm not a big fan. I do think it's odd how they have scheduled to play 5 teams that come off the bye week. Odd to say the least, and doesn't really help their cause.

I am, however, really happy with the way the Broncos are playing. I've always been a fan, and I'm pretty happy that one of my favorite players, K. Moreno, is running the ball well with them for his rookie season.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Favre comes back to Lambeau tomorrow. HUUUUUGGGGEEEE game for the Packers.

Kevin

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
He'll have a career day, and make all the cheese heads angry.. again.

Members online