• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 PGA Merchandise Show - From Above

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I decided to add a new perspective to my usual photos from past PGA Merchandise Shows. This year I decided to elevate my photos, literally.

The 2009 PGA Merchandise Show From Above:

This next one is for Wirehair, the Table Rock booth:

GolfPride:

Cleveland /Srixon:

Yes! C-groove:

By far, the largest crowd I found on the show floor today with the lone exception of Anika's Equipment Forum Show:

What would draw such a huge crowd to the Bridgestone booth? Will MacKenzie taking a spin on a Wii Balance Board taking a run down a mountain in a snowboard simulation:

The Tour Edge pavilion:

Guerin Rife Putters:

Iomic Grips:

Ecco Shoes:

Callaway Golf:

Bionic Golf Gloves:

One of my favorite products from last year's show, 4 yards More Tees:

As you can see from the photos, with the lone exception of Mr. MacKenzie's snowboarding adventure, the aisles are not as packed as they have been the past few years. The view from above gives a little bit better perspective of the show, but unfortunately opportunities to take advantage of this view are extremely limited.

I hope you enjoy the new perspective!

ualtim

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Using that 70-200 I see. Pics look pretty sharp.
Most of the Cat Walk shots were taken with the Tokina SP 28-75mm. A few of the close ups were taken with the 70-200L. Lighting was horrible this year as there are fewer booths and lighting was spaced farther apart than the past few years. I really had to work the higher ISO ranges and use narrow DOF's to get any kind of viewable images.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I saw lots of iso 1600 in there, bummer about the lighting. Do you use a flash, or just the on camera one?

Also a bummer you spent so much time at the Ping area. :rolleyes:

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I saw lots of iso 1600 in there, bummer about the lighting. Do you use a flash, or just the on camera one?

No flash, just ambient lighting. Flash photography and shiny club heads do not mix well at all.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Thought you might use it as fill in some of the shorter shots, that's all.

I did a few years ago and was disappointed with the results. I rather push the image into higher ISO's and use whatever ambient lighting I can.

🔥 Latest posts