• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 PGA Merchandise Show - Titleist Returns

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
After a several year absence, the Titleist brand has returned to the PGA Merchandise Show in 2009 and they brought along all of their latest gear.

Titleist has been a fairly traditional brand that has avoided wild colors and gimmicky fads to come and go with club head design, but their latest offerings are starting to show a new subdued sense of modern style. The new 909 series of Driver, Fairways, and Hybrids are all displaying a weight port (although not end user adjustable) as well as some additional red paint fill beyond the traditional single red stripe in their previous designs. Clubheads on the drivers have become elongated in a nod to increasing the MOI of the drivers which is now rapidly becoming the new traditional driver head shape.

The iron line up is pure traditional Titleist. The AP1 and AP2 are as about as dramatic a set of cavity back iron that you will find to have ever carry the Titleist label, but even the extra forgiveness over the beautiful ZM blades is well hidden. The super game improvement shovel look has been left to the Cobra division.

A new feature for Titleist is the Sure Fit cart which other OEM's like Callaway and Ping brought out at last years show. With the new 909 series you can not get fitted up with interchangeable shafts and heads in order to properly fit your individual swing and launch preferences.

Titleist also had their Vokey Wedge lineup and Scotty Cameron putter on display, but nothing really new to report here. A couple of minor changes here and there, but these are essentially the same products you have seen out in the retail stores over the past year.

The Titleist pavilion was, as expected, one of the classiest looking areas in the show. Their reps were all in white suit coats and the black and white colors were only broken up by the glare of the chrome shafts, the red of the Cameron grips, and the silver and gold packaging of the new Pro V1's. It was nice to have them back at the show and I look forward to their return in future years.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Ualitim, you take great pictures thanks for covering this event.
Thank you for the compliment. The show is a lot of fun, but it is also a lot of work so the positive comments are really appreciated.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Thanks for putting in the work on this..I'm gonna have to avoid hitting the 909's as I really need to curb the spending this year..

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Thank you, guys.

The 909's are pretty sweet looking. I have never been a Titleist fan, but the 909's could alter my perception a bit. Good thing I didn't hit them, probably would have cost me some more money. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts