• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Hot List Golf Balls

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
my ball scored perfectly, except for the demand category. whatever that means.

OP
xamilo

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
my ball scored perfectly, except for the demand category. whatever that means.

That's what I was about to comment. You posted about your experience with the E6 ball sometime ago, and it seems you were completely right hehehe. The Gamer V2 performed pretty well as well. Another of those balls I would have never tried if it wasn't for this forum.

Weird the Pro-V1 didn't win any category but demand this year. This has to be a first in a lifetime experience. It seems all companies are doing things right.

I was expecting to see the Wilson FG Tour somewhere, since I've heard nothing but terrific stuff about it, but it seems they didn't even know it existed or thought it just sucked big time.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
It's just regurgitated marketing nonsense. I don't want to see who likes what. I want numbers. I would LOVE to see:

A test of all available balls hit with:

An 11* driver at 85, 95, and 105 mph.
A 9.5* driver at 85, 95, and 105 mph.
An 8* driver at 85, 95, and 105 mph.

A 39* 8 iron at 62, 73, and 84 mph.

A 56* sandwedge at appropriate intervals.

Heaven forbid that we get a lot of information we can use. If we got an intelligent graph of that information, we might be able to make an intelligent choice. You could SEE what ball has the best spin, and the best distance, at your swing speed. Hell, while the drivers are on the machine, get them at 90, 100, and 110 too. Why not? With that kind of technology at their disposal, why aren't they giving us real information?

I mean, honestly... Classifying spin as "low, mid, or high" is ridiculous. I want to know how much the balls spin with an 8i, and a wedge, at different speeds. I'd pay for that.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'm with you SUX. Almost all golf companies have swing robots now, they are pretty common.

Back in 1985 I designed a swing training device for TrueTemper (they were a sister company of the one I worked for, we did electronics R&D). It was basically a small launch monitor, I guess a little before it's time as it never did well in the market but was really an excellent product. I got to spend a week at their research facility hitting balls off it with their "Iron Byron" machine. It was amazingly easy to set the thing up for any kind of shot you wanted to hit. Nowadays it's even easier as the swing robots are much more sophisticated and have much better instrumentation.

I think the only reason the manufacturers don't want people to know all the real numbers is that people would see through all the smoke and mirrors marketing claims. I'm betting the data exists and that staff pros have access to as much data as they want. I'm also betting that golf balls of the same general type are a lot more similar than they are different. Marketing departments would hate that fact being known.

🔥 Latest posts