• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2011 Majors Series Pick 'Em

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
When do we pay our $10? I'll jump in just for fun, just let me know where to send the money.

I'm sure the winner will be some obscure player that I couldn't pick out of a line-up, but I'll shoot from the hip anyway.

Phil the Thrill
McIlroy
my boy Bubba
Manassero
Ricky Barnes (for the same reason Lefty is picking J Day)

I would pick Westwood, but I saw him play in Memphis last week and I wasn't impressed.

Good luck men!

OP
LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
When do we pay our $10? I'll jump in just for fun, just let me know where to send the money.

I'm sure the winner will be some obscure player that I couldn't pick out of a line-up, but I'll shoot from the hip anyway.

Phil the Thrill
McIlroy
my boy Bubba
Manassero

I would pick Westwood, but I saw him play in Memphis last week and I wasn't impressed.

Good luck men!

You're still short one guy AG! Five players for this comp...

My picks are:
Steve Stricker
Luke Donald
Jason Day (this kid always does well in majors when I don't pick him, thats gotta turn around soon)
Nick Watney (see Jason Day)
Hunter Mahan

IG, Sssmokin and VT, get your picks in now!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Jeez, I'm an idiot. Ricky Barnes isn't even in the field. Hahaha, I would have been as well off picking myself to win. Not only that but the tourney is under way...so I'll just have to be content with 4 picks.:1898_:

OP
LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
And round 3 is quickly upon us with The Open...

Update after the round 2 US Open:

2011 Major Pick 'Em -Round 2.jpg

As you can see, I've been generous to IG, Sssmokin and VT who didn't have any tips at all :confused:, tsk tsk! So you're still in it guys, pick the winner and you'll be right back up there.

Similar rules, you have until Wednesday midnight UK time to get your tips in here.

Good luck!
2011 Major Pick 'Em -Round 2.jpg

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
McIlroy, I know, right
Westwood, I think he's a lock for a top 5 finish
Manassero...not giving up on this kid
Louie Louie, oh no. Me gotta go. Aye-yi-yi-yi.....Oosthuizen of course
Sergio...I should probably be slapped for picking him, but I gotta go with my gut

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Westwood won't even show up

Why do you think that? He has a lot of experience playing at Royal St. George. I mean they're practically playing in his backyard.

You say he won't show up. I have a box of ProV1x's that says you will see his name in the top 10 during Sunday's round.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Still time for a little friendly action WBL, Westy still hasn't teed off. How about we make it a sleeve. Hahaha, that's actually what I had on my mind when I accidentally typed box anyway. :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Why do you think that? He has a lot of experience playing at Royal St. George. I mean they're practically playing in his backyard.

You say he won't show up. I have a box of ProV1x's that says you will see his name in the top 10 during Sunday's round.

Still time for a little friendly action WBL, Westy still hasn't teed off. How about we make it a sleeve. Hahaha, that's actually what I had on my mind when I accidentally typed box anyway.

anonymous golfaholic

I know it's started but I'll take that bet (he has to make top ten).... one sleeve of ProV1x's....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.