• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 North Dakota Triple Challenge

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well, the time is drawing near.

I'll be heading down to Bismarck, ND in mid-June to play my annual round at Hawktree GC with Bames. If you have an opportunity to play this course, I suggest taking some time to do so. This course is in my top 3 faves, without a doubt.

This is only a precursor to the actual event, The Triple Challenge which will take place in July.

Three golf courses (Bully Pulpit in Medora, ND, The Links of ND near Ray, ND and the aforementioned Hawktree GC, in Bismarck, ND). The Challenge is one round at each course (which are a fair distance from one and other) each day.

I suspect being the golf-hungry bastards that we are, Bames and I will be taking in more than 18 holes each day. :D

I plan on documenting each round with pictures and a diary, which I will try and post as the days go by. Failing that, I will do my best to do a big write-up at the end, documenting the epic battle between Canada and the U.S.A. for world -wide supremacy. Well, maybe not, but bragging rights nonetheless.

I am looking forward to this trip, to say the least. I have never played Bully or The Links, so I have that as a disadvantage. So we'll see how that shakes out (I played VERY poorly the first time I played Hawktree, but now I absolutely love it.)

What day is it......Junish?:confused:

R35

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Sounds like fun man. Hawktree looks sweet! I like the links style look. Definitely let us know how your trip goes.

Just looked at the other 2 courses and man, they all look nice. Especially Bully Pulpit with all the elevation changes. I'm jealous!

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's going to be epic. I can't wait.

R35

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Good thing we get a warm-up round at the Hawk to work out the kinks before you post your full documentary for the Triple Challenge. See you soon

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Kinks? You better start sandbagging your handicap. ;)

Dude, July can't come fast enough. It's raining here all week, and i didn't even hit the range on the long weekend. I had to throw up a thread just to have an excuse to look at the course websites again!:oops:

R35

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Take lots of pics. Give me something to look at while I try NOT to internally combust out on our courses here in Phoenix (108 yesterday and today by the way).

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
How late in July? Don't the courses that far north begin closing mid-July as the snow starts to fly???

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
How late in July? Don't the courses that far north begin closing mid-July as the snow starts to fly???
Ha, close. That's why we're playing so late...beat the 87* heat of early July, and get ahead of the freezing months of August and September.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
those are some damn nice golf courses your going to!! have fun and please do share pics!!

maybe one day i'll come over just to play those three courses!!!:D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I thought you were going to come east one of these trips?

If I could drive there in a day, I'd be all over it. Flying out of Regina is a huge PITA.

That said, i'd love to go east some time. Always wanted to see/play in that part of the US. Never been.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
It's humid, it's wet, it's hot. The cart girls are... meh.

And there's lots of bugs....

Jim did I miss anything???

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Wait, wait, wait.

Are you calling Jim a hot and humid cart girl?

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.