• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 British Open Discussion Thread

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I sorta used to think Zach's one major was a fluke. Now he has two. A class act. Kudos.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Me too, his putter hurt him today. He 4 putted one of the par 3's and had like 5-6 3 putts all week. If he had dropped even 2 of those we would be talking about the grand slam.
If frogs had wings.... ;)

Wanted Spieth to win as well, but I'm very happy Zach won. I've always liked him.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
#17 kicked his ass all week....................
The Road hole kicks everyone's ass...hardest par 4 on the planet. Most birdies there are dumb luck, like Sergio's in round 3.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Well done Zach, a great Champion. What a finish, what a tournament! So many players in with a shout on the back nine. After 10 holes there were about 7 players who looked like they had a chance. And then they fell away, Scott, Garcia both imploded. Day couldn't buy a birdie but holed a lot of good par putts. Spieth holing a Hail Mary putt on 16 only to miss a short one on 17. And then the final three all having chances to seal it at some point. Leishman probably had the best chance, but alas. Louis and Zach both holed on 18 for birdie, and Zach got it done in the play-off.

So my thoughts. Fair play to Speith, he came unprepared and probably felt he didn't play that well all week, but he showed the world how good he is and how close he came to making it happen. And remember Zach was on that John Deere flight as well so he proved it can be done. Yes, they are that good.

I felt sorry for Paul Dunne, his world imploded as he shot +6 on the back nine. But he did himself proud to get as far as he did and I'm sure he'll be a great upcoming player. And fair play to Jordan Niebrugge as the winner of the Silver Medal, a fine performance by him and all the amateurs.

I'm still not sure about St. Andrews. I think it held up well and it made for an exciting championship, but I'd question if it holds up to modern day tournament golf.

No-one wanted to see a Monday finish but it was exciting all the same. Even in the wind and rain it had us all on the edge of our seats. How emotional they got, Jason Day, Marc Leishman and Louis. When Zach heard the roar after Jordan had holed a monster for birdie on 16, his response was "Awesome". And equally Jordan's post-round text was a nice and very honest answer. There were tears and smiles. But thanks guys you entertained us all week.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One of the most fun Open Championships that I can remember watching. Sunday and Monday were 'edge-of-seat' viewing.

Oostie, Leishman, and Zach are all gentlemen. I wouldn't have minded seeing any one of them win. This was another tourney where I believe we are getting a glimpse of golf for the next few years. Competitors knuckle bumping... Competitors complimenting each other on great shots... Winner not known until the last putt drops. We really aren't seeing the 'drama queens' like Bubba and Woods. The ungodly long putting prep of a Furyk are not there. It's walk up and hit the shot, go find it, hit it again. Even under extremely pressure, these guys act as if they are cognizant of how blessed they are to be leading this life and just out there having fun.

Thanks, R&A for making my weekend really enjoyable!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Spieth getting a taste on the way home ...

11755645_10207016744967366_8457913392026905705_n.jpg

🔥 Latest posts