• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 Major League Baseball

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
As a gut feel I'd say that rag tag teams of no names usually don't figure in the following year.

Last edited:

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Good for the Royals. Have some family in KC. I know they are enjoying it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
As a gut feel if say that rag tag teams of no names usually don't figure in the following year.
Pretty much similar "rag tag" team last year and made it to Game 7 of the Series. This year... won it. Who knows. As with any sport injuries, attitude, etc. all play into whether a team can remain on top. There are about 5 of the main core of the team who are eligible for free agency this year. Could lose most of those to other teams with larger salary offers.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
The Cards were the biggest losers in the post season. They lost to the Cubbies, who lost the Mets, who lost to the Royals.

Hats off to Kansas City. I'm so glad they beat NY.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The Cards were the biggest losers in the post season. They lost to the Cubbies, who lost the Mets, who lost to the Royals.

Hats off to Kansas City. I'm so glad they beat NY.
images

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Daughter lives in the KC area and works there. Said she had to go to work because most of her staff was gone to the celebration. Most reports are saying 800,000. KCMO population is less than 1/2 million. Metro area around 2 million. Interstates were shut down because folks just parked along the highway and in the median to walk in to the celebration. Heard there were 2 ladies went into labor during the mass hysteria. A half-dozen were treated for the effects of claustrophobia.
How many metro areas, today, could you have 800,000 people in downtown and not have shootings, stabbings, muggings, people run over by stampeding idiots.... Other than the trash that was shown left behind and being picked up the next day by city workers, sounds like KCMO held their head high.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Daughter lives in the KC area and works there. Said she had to go to work because most of her staff was gone to the celebration. Most reports are saying 800,000. KCMO population is less than 1/2 million. Metro area around 2 million. Interstates were shut down because folks just parked along the highway and in the median to walk in to the celebration. Heard there were 2 ladies went into labor during the mass hysteria. A half-dozen were treated for the effects of claustrophobia.
How many metro areas, today, could you have 800,000 people in downtown and not have shootings, stabbings, muggings, people run over by stampeding idiots.... Other than the trash that was shown left behind and being picked up the next day by city workers, sounds like KCMO held their head high.
Look up stats for bostons Stanley cup parade in 2011, IIRC, more than 2mil in down town Boston

Staff online

Members online