• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 Players®

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Removing alcohol will never happen...that's a huge money maker. This is like banning recess for all kids because some kids sneak off and smoke on recess. When does this ever work? Never, it just pisses off everyone.

The best thing to do in this case would be what they do for streakers...don't call attention to hit. Run the broadcast on a slight delay and remove crowd audio when someone yells something stupid..better yet pipe in canned crowd noise so it's not known if someone even yelled. If there's no fame to be gotten, there's no reason to yell.

If you can pinpoint them in the crowd, remove them.

Yes! Shitty part is when they show a replay and STILL leave the yell in there. For fux sake mute that asshole on the replay!

Guys, I disagree here. Augusta serves alcohol as does The Open. We don't see that type of behavior at these events. And I don't think it is a huge money maker. The corporate tents serve beer / wine etc. To serve it on the course won't add huge revenues. And it risks the event's reputation which may affect sponsors / TV etc.

Rules and active marshaling will work better. People screw around and they're out, banned! Once word gets around that your $100 ticket is worthless for acting the asshole will shut people up pretty quickly. Actively publicize the expulsion of the shouters and print on the tickets in bold that this type of behavior won't be tolerated. Make examples through the media, enforce it and the problem will go away. Sit back and do nothing or just muting it out and the problem will grow to the Wasted Management circus. I think the pros tolerate that because they expect it for a fun tournament once a year.

However competing on the 71st hole of the 5th Major, pros don't expect to face that sort of behavior. Montgomery faced that in the 90s, the Mrs. Doubtfire thing got outta hand. But it never happened at Augusta!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Guys, I disagree here. Augusta serves alcohol as does The Open. We don't see that type of behavior at these events. And I don't think it is a huge money maker. The corporate tents serve beer / wine etc. To serve it on the course won't add huge revenues. And it risks the event's reputation which may affect sponsors / TV etc.

Rules and active marshaling will work better. People screw around and they're out, banned! Once word gets around that your $100 ticket is worthless for acting the asshole will shut people up pretty quickly. Actively publicize the expulsion of the shouters and print on the tickets in bold that this type of behavior won't be tolerated. Make examples through the media, enforce it and the problem will go away. Sit back and do nothing or just muting it out and the problem will grow to the Wasted Management circus. I think the pros tolerate that because they expect it for a fun tournament once a year.

However competing on the 71st hole of the 5th Major, pros don't expect to face that sort of behavior. Montgomery faced that in the 90s, the Mrs. Doubtfire thing got outta hand. But it never happened at Augusta!

The only reason they do it is to be heard on TV. Take that away, there's no reason to do it. Giving them more attention is exactly what they want. You can't publicly shame someone that's only looking for bad publicity.

The reason the Masters doesn't have this issue is because it's extremely difficult to get in. Only the hardcore people go because they're the only ones that care enough, those people aren't the problem in the first place. Nobody that yells at a regular tournament goes to The Masters anyway...so saying it's purely because of the marshaling is mislead. A false positive if you will.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online