• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 US Open Discussion Thread

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
I was talking to a kid whose dad was one of the Sheriff officers working the event. He said this US Open set 3 records:
1) Most merchandise sold. Makes sense, those tents were monstrous!
2) Most beer sales. Makes sense, the PNW has plenty of good brews.
3) Most arrests. Makes sense due to record #2. :D

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
@TEA Time was it a brutal walk?
By the way, I tracked out what I could remember walking on Google Earth. I probably missed some of the walking but it was over 7 miles and 1,200' of elevation changes. Definitely brutal.

Also, Phil didn't sign anyone's anything. He stepped out of the scoring building, acknowledged the fans waiting for autographs, and he & Bones got into a chauffeured Lexus and drove away. Disappoint. :(

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
By the way, I tracked out what I could remember walking on Google Earth. I probably missed some of the walking but it was over 7 miles and 1,200' of elevation changes. Definitely brutal.

Also, Phil didn't sign anyone's anything. He stepped out of the scoring building, acknowledged the fans waiting for autographs, and he & Bones got into a chauffeured Lexus and drove away. Disappoint. :(
You should have used a pedometer. Not the type MC uses, I'm talking about the type that measures how far you walked.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Heh, pedometer...

I figure it was at least 15,000 steps.

Speaking of steps, here's our version of the Portland airport carpet thing...

upload_2015-6-22_12-7-57.jpeg

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
WTF is the Portland Airport Carpet thing?

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Well, after Pinehurst last year and Chambers Bay this year I'm looking forward to Oakmont nest year.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
OK, here is my rant on the course. I do agree with the sentiment that everyone is playing the same course for the most part. There was one time on a putt yesterday that disturbed me. I don't remember who it was, but late someone hit a putt and the ball hit something that shot the ball about 3" into the air. That should never happen in a tour course much less the US Open. I was also bothered with shots that were hit perfectly right on the flag but due to the course design ricocheted off into trouble and shots that wee hit poorly resulted in good lies for the next shot. The US Open should reward good shot making and punish poor shots more than any other tourney.

🔥 Latest posts