• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 US Open Discussion Thread

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that Chambers Bay won't get the US Open again.

Unless they redo the greens and gallery accommodations, I agree 100%

My thoughts exactly. Spectators like to see their favourites contending. Putts that wobble all over the place don't please the spectators or the players.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
AND Horschel is a whiner and douche canoe.

I can understand frustration with the greens. Suck it up. You play golf for a living and have attained a level where you make millions in winnings and endorsements each year. If you don't like the conditions on one of the courses, fine. Just don't act like a spoiled brat on the course. Your actions are NOT what we need young folks entering this game to see. The next time I find a chunk out of a green where a temper tantrum saw someone dig in his $5.00 K-Mart putter, it's your fault!!!

What's the deal with the players who are on Ping's staff?? Bubba and Horschel are both whiners. It's about time for John Solheim to lock both in a small room... with The Mechanic... and the one that comes out able to walk is the only one endorsed by Ping after that.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I can understand frustration with the greens. Suck it up. You play golf for a living and have attained a level where you make millions in winnings and endorsements each year. If you don't like the conditions on one of the courses, fine. Just don't act like a spoiled brat on the course. Your actions are NOT what we need young folks entering this game to see. The next time I find a chunk out of a green where a temper tantrum saw someone dig in his $5.00 K-Mart putter, it's your fault!!!

What's the deal with the players who are on Ping's staff?? Bubba and Horschel are both whiners. It's about time for John Solheim to lock both in a small room... with The Mechanic... and the one that comes out able to walk is the only one endorsed by Ping after that.

Mr. Cabrera could help too. Those two could work the brats over.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

^^^this.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
FWIW, Horschel publicly apologized. So he's got that going for him...

Now that it's had time to settle in...I was of the "suck it up, they all play the same course" mentality, when it dawned on me that no, they in fact did not play the same course. My home course had poa in the bent grass greens, but it was a municipal course so whataya gonna do? Anyhow, I remember that it's not consistent. poa grows in patches, not uniformly, so one player could be 5' left of the pin and have a smooth putt with no poa, and the other player could be 5' right and have a broccoli patch to put through. Same hole, same time of day, two very different conditions. Also, poa grows faster than fescue so the afternoon guys would have had it worse.

Just food for thought.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Oosty is a Ping guy, played well. As did Summerhays.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online