• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2016 Major League Baseball

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
I took this picture a few years ago, and it's pretty relevant today as Griff entered the Hall of Fame while Lynch is making his return just in time for the playoffs.

1269096_530253113720424_1965458568_o.jpg

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Not a baseball fan, and I think I can read between the lines, but what happened?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Ken Griffey Jr. (possibly the greatest player ever) was voted into the Hall of Fame yesterday and he was a 1st ballot hall of famer on all but 3 ballots. The "old guard" believes that no one should ever get 100% of the vote, let alone on their first go around. It's some really dumb shit.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Did that actually come out, or is it rumor? That's what I figured y'all were talking about, btw. And I agree about Griffey...phenomenal athlete!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
It's a theory based on the fact that not one player ever has been voted in unanimously. Griffey Jr. Now has the highest percentage ever. Still quite an accomplishment but c'mon man that dude was amazing!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
It's no different than Jim Edmonds getting 1 vote just to give him another chance. The guy who voted for Edmonds said he didn't want him being "one and done". I kind of understand the judges' reasoning. I think everyone needs to put their pitchforks up.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I will not put down my pitchfork!!! ;)

Tea may be right but if there ever was a player from our generation that deserves 100% it's Junior or dare I say...The Captain when he's up for enshrinement.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Calm down on the 3 "no" voters. I think the 3 guys knew Griffey was a slam-dunk so they decided to use their votes to get someone else in that may not have gotten in otherwise.

Or they're just dicks.
They are allowed to vote for 10 guys. TEN!!

They are fucksticks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Members online