• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2016... Your year on the course.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I played a bit more than last year. I have no idea how many rounds I played...probably not more than 20 and more than likely closer to 10. All of them this year were full 18 hole round from what I remember, although I'm sure there were a few 9 holers in there somewhere. I played a few new courses this year thanks to a subscription to a midwest golf magazine that got me 'free' green's fees to some pretty nice courses in the area after you pay for the cart. Some real stunning courses around here that I probably wouldn't otherwise play because of the cost to do so.

Spent quite a bit of time on the range with friends this year. Couple people at work were getting into the game and we hit Vitense numerous times for drinks and range work. That was a ton of fun and made a few close friends through it too.

As far as the golf, I've been having a lot more fun now that I don't really care that much about the scores. I don't even take a score card most times now. I'm out to have fun. I'm never going to be that great. I don't have the time or the energy/drive to get good, so being happy just to be alive and outside enjoying myself is plenty. I don't get too tore up over bad shots, just try to focus on the next one.

Stand out shots...I had a GPS measured drive over 300 this year. I don't recall exactly how far it was anymore...but that was fun. Putting and short game have suffered my lack of drive to focus and practice them, so scoring hasn't been great, but again, I'm not too concerned about that.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I played a bit more than last year. I have no idea how many rounds I played...probably not more than 20 and more than likely closer to 10. All of them this year were full 18 hole round from what I remember, although I'm sure there were a few 9 holers in there somewhere. I played a few new courses this year thanks to a subscription to a midwest golf magazine that got me 'free' green's fees to some pretty nice courses in the area after you pay for the cart. Some real stunning courses around here that I probably wouldn't otherwise play because of the cost to do so.

Spent quite a bit of time on the range with friends this year. Couple people at work were getting into the game and we hit Vitense numerous times for drinks and range work. That was a ton of fun and made a few close friends through it too.

As far as the golf, I've been having a lot more fun now that I don't really care that much about the scores. I don't even take a score card most times now. I'm out to have fun. I'm never going to be that great. I don't have the time or the energy/drive to get good, so being happy just to be alive and outside enjoying myself is plenty. I don't get too tore up over bad shots, just try to focus on the next one.

Stand out shots...I had a GPS measured drive over 300 this year. I don't recall exactly how far it was anymore...but that was fun. Putting and short game have suffered my lack of drive to focus and practice them, so scoring hasn't been great, but again, I'm not too concerned about that.
The best golf of my life began some years ago when I finally realized I would never be great at this game. From that time on, I have taken whatever the Game has given me on that day and had fun. It's all about chatting with good guys, telling and listening to a few good jokes... or maybe eve some bad jokes, and enjoying the time. That's really what this game is all about.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It seems that I progressively play less and less each year. This year was no exception. I played less than I ever have (since I picked up the game). Been crazy busy. When I was able to play I performed surprisingly well for my standards. I made an eagle the last time I was out on a long par 5. Hit 3 wood to maybe 10 -15' and lucked in the putt. That's the only thing that really stands out for me. I did win a long drive contest in a charity scramble which was really cool because the prize was a baseball bat. So yeah, I can summarize my golf season with just a couple sentences. Hopefully I'll get to play a little more this year. It's tough though since my wife is traveling now for her career. Being He-Mom makes it difficult to play much.
A charity golf tournament with a baseball bat as a prize. That seems sacrilegious.........

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
The best golf of my life began some years ago when I finally realized I would never be great at this game. From that time on, I have taken whatever the Game has given me on that day and had fun. It's all about chatting with good guys, telling and listening to a few good jokes... or maybe eve some bad jokes, and enjoying the time. That's really what this game is all about.
I can't hit a good shot when I'm pissed off, so I stopped getting pissed off. Life is too short to let this game frustrate me.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
True statement. Got a case of beer in the fridge, haven't touched it.

Of course, it's Coors Light.

It was free.

Bottle of Willet Pot Still Reserve won't last 2 weeks.

Jameson Black Barrel is next.

Pappy makes me jealous.
I'm a big bourbon fan, too. I mentioned it to my friend and he gave me a bottle of this (he didn't realize it was Irish Whiskey and not bourbon).

irish_con1.jpg

I hate it. It tastes like someone strained liquid smoke through a sock full of of potting soil and into the barrel.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'm a big bourbon fan, too. I mentioned it to my friend and he gave me a bottle of this (he didn't realize it was Irish Whiskey and not bourbon).

irish_con1.jpg

I hate it. It tastes like someone strained liquid smoke through a sock full of of potting soil and into the barrel.
Does it taste like strong scotch?

Members online

No members online now.