• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2017 Open Championship Discussion Thread

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Ok, the weather forecast is as follows. Overcast, with some showers and a 15mph wind. Not bad at all. Plenty of rain forecast for Wednesday so the course will be softer and not too fiery. So I predict a very open Open. The boys ripped my course apart in similar (or even more benign) weather. So a player who can bomb it, hit laser irons, owns a great short game and is a sharp putter will win, ie that narrows it down to ~156 players.

I know, you can thank me later!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Ok, the weather forecast is as follows. Overcast, with some showers and a 15mph wind. Not bad at all. Plenty of rain forecast for Wednesday so the course will be softer and not too fiery. So I predict a very open Open. The boys ripped my course apart in similar (or even more benign) weather. So a player who can bomb it, hit laser irons, owns a great short game and is a sharp putter will win, ie that narrows it down to ~156 players.

I know, you can thank me later!

Impressive deduction. ;)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
This year picking winners has been about as tough as ever. Need lot's of luck.

Agreed. I think the Euro golfers may feature highly.

I am surprised at the odds makers picking DJ so high. He's been absent. I picked him anyway. Fingers crossed.

He may have holidayed in Columbia and be raring to go. :alien:

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
He may have holidayed in Columbia and be raring to go. :alien:
Initially I read that wrong...

Dead_Kennedys_-_Holiday_in_Cambodia_cover.jpg

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
April 2017 Golf Digest has Phil on the cover touting his article "Phil's New Driver Secrets". July 2017 Phil announces he's not using a driver at the Open Championship. I can only deduce that I should forget what I read in the article......

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
April 2017 Golf Digest has Phil on the cover touting his article "Phil's New Driver Secrets". July 2017 Phil announces he's not using a driver at the Open Championship. I can only deduce that I should forget what I read in the article......
I believe the last time he won the Open he didn't use a driver.

🔥 Latest posts