• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2017 Open Championship Discussion Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
T7, T15, T18, T43.

Geez, even though they're not my picks, I can't wait to get see Speith, Kuchar and Koepka duke it out.
Kuch is such a "happy go lucky" attitude guy. May be the reason he hasn't won more on Tour. Too nice. Not the "kill instinct". Could help him tomorrow. Playing in the final round of a major, we've seen Spieth upchuck before. When Spieth plays not to lose, he does. Koepka seems to be playing better than he has ever before in his career. Don't know what he'll do when all those old Nike clubs wear out. He just won a Major and shouldn't be intimidated by the crowds and pressure.
I'm stoked. We will play at 6:15 tomorrow morning and should be home by 9:30. Planning on watching it to the end.

Anders_H

mmmm, beer
Mar 12, 2015
Gavle
Country
Sweden Sweden
I picked Spieth but I hope Kuch lifts the trophy later on today.
He looks like a guy that just loves to play golf every day, no matter where or when.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Can I punch him in his face first?
THEPLAYERHATERS.jpg

papaD is the one with the Jheri Curl.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Spieth going the wrong direction...this is Kuchar's tournament to win or lose.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Wow, wheels coming off on 13 for Spieth. On the practice ground near the Tour vans looking for a drop from his unplayable lie in the dunes. One of the strangest things I have seen in a long time.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I am betting Titleist was not expecting to get a promo photo of Spieth playing a shot in the Open from just outside their Tour van steps.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
"Gamesmanship"??? Take 20 minutes to screw around deciding where you want to drop it after unplayable lie. Would have been quicker to have just gone back to the tee. Looks like would have had better chance of to save a shot had he returned to the tee. In the meantime, Kuch has to wait and wait and wait. If Kuch had any tempo going, it's gone now. Group also behind. Spieth has had his group put on the clock before. Not known as a quick player. Won't Kuch be subject to a possible penalty should they be penalized for falling so far behind.

If both now falter and Li wins, many will fault Spieth. Hopefully, both can regain their momentum. Of course, Spieth has been upchucking all over himself so far today.

🔥 Latest posts