• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2017 US Open Discussion Thread

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Just saw that Koepka was the first player in US OPEN history to hit over 80% of the fairways and 80% greens in regulation. He really helped himself with those stats......and then that putting. Wow!

I think he hit 86% fairways and 83% GIR for the week.
Wow, those stats for the 4 rounds need to be savoured. The stats of a true champion.

You had me going back through prior US Open stats to compare. David Graham in 81 in the final round at Merion hit 17 fairways and 15 GIR. That usually does the trick.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Whoa, I just realized that for the first time in history a golfer received more than $2 million for winning a tournament. (Koepka - US Open - $2.16M)

It's a beautiful thing. Then there's the bonuses he would've received from his sponsors. [emoji383]

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
It's a beautiful thing. Then there's the bonuses he would've received from his sponsors. [emoji383]
That's just absurd! I think Curtis Strange was the first to crack 1 million for the whole season back in the '90s.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.