• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2017 US Open Discussion Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Earlier today, Azinger was commenting while watching Keegan Beadley putt. His quip was "Keegan Bradley is one of the players affected by the long putter ban". WTF? Aren't these guys supposed to be experts?
Some are still smarting from the anchoring ban. I can remember the day when some were upset for a long time when the original Ping grooves were ruled non-conforming. Driver COR. The more recent groove ruling.

I took Azinger's comments to suggest that neither Bradley or Scott have seemed to putt the same since going to the shorter putters. When these guys have used a certain putter design and configuration throughout their career and then need to transition to something different, I could see where it might have a difference.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Some are still smarting from the anchoring ban. I can remember the day when some were upset for a long time when the original Ping grooves were ruled non-conforming. Driver COR. The more recent groove ruling.

I took Azinger's comments to suggest that neither Bradley or Scott have seemed to putt the same since going to the shorter putters. When these guys have used a certain putter design and configuration throughout their career and then need to transition to something different, I could see where it might have a difference.
My point is that long putters were NOT banned. Anchoring was banned. Azinger knows better.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
This thing's over.
He leads by 4. Hits a drive on 17 that is in the fairway. Says, "That so bad it's alright."

Fowler should have worn orange shoes. Wouldn't see the upchuck all over them quite as bad.

Young Harmon has played well. Just seems to have succumbed to the pressure. Yet, he's made some great shots. That shot just into 16 was top-notch.

Matsuyama probably had the best round of the day... next to Koepka.

Fleetwood hung in there. A couple bad drives and a balky putter, but he shouldn't be ashamed of his performance this week.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Final pairing of the U.S. Open has both players with bags, clubs, hats, etc. from a manufacturer that has bowed out of the golf business.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Koepka. Dude looked like he was hypnotized. Even during the trophy presentation, just slow and steady with no emotion. At some point, he is going to snap out of it and wonder WTF just happened.

I am glad the greens didn't get too dried out and become unplayable. Enough rain to keep the USGA in check and provide some entertainment.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts