• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2017 US Open Discussion Thread

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
This was a good tournament. I enjoyed it a lot and am happy for Koepka. With that being said, it didn't "feel" like a major.
It was boring when he made zero mistakes (except for #10) and started draining everything on 13 and forward. Had Harmon hung on and Koepka made a few mistakes, I think I would have been a lot more interested.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I only got to watch about 2 hours total of this...however, it was a ton of fun to watch. Especially after being there and knowing what they were dealing with.

I can't believe how low the scores were. Amazing how good these guys are at this game.
No kidding. Once they figured out the holes they striped their shots to safe locations. Anyone could have won on the last day. It was one of the best Opens I've watched in years. Good job Erin Hills.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I watched it until ~17 and went to bed, safe in the knowledge that Brookie had it locked up. It was good golf, but nothing spectacular for a major. I kind of agree that it seemed to lack something, not sure what. Felt like a regular competition. Hats off to the winner, solid as a rock. He hits it miles, good short game and excellent with the flat stick. But I was impressed by some of the others too, Fleetwood seems to be coming of age. Matsuyama, Harman all really solid. Spotlight on Rickie again, can't seem to finish it out.

Oh, and here is our rough right now. Nice juicy fescue! Waiting to gobble up all those ProV1s. we have a sign up at the first tee. NO WHINGERS! If you can't handle the rough, please go home!

Attachments

• Fescue PGC.jpg
    Fescue PGC.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 105

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
I watched it until ~17 and went to bed, safe in the knowledge that Brookie had it locked up. It was good golf, but nothing spectacular for a major. I kind of agree that it seemed to lack something, not sure what. Felt like a regular competition. Hats off to the winner, solid as a rock. He hits it miles, good short game and excellent with the flat stick. But I was impressed by some of the others too, Fleetwood seems to be coming of age. Matsuyama, Harman all really solid. Spotlight on Rickie again, can't seem to finish it out.

Oh, and here is our rough right now. Nice juicy fescue! Waiting to gobble up all those ProV1s. we have a sign up at the first tee. NO WHINGERS! If you can't handle the rough, please go home!
Thank you.......

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Just saw that Koepka was the first player in US OPEN history to hit over 80% of the fairways and 80% greens in regulation. He really helped himself with those stats......and then that putting. Wow!

I think he hit 86% fairways and 83% GIR for the week.

🔥 Latest posts