• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2018/2019 NFL Season thread

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
I can't wait. Vegas doesn't have any faith in my Cards. I have no idea what to expect myself.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
No need to change mine. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I need to wait until the real season is off and running. Will they be the Chiefs or the "Chefs". So many personnel changes. My wife is a baseball nut and her Royals tanked dramatically. They've traded away all the good players and will be cellar dwellers for the next few years. The Chiefs could go either way. The young quarterback is promising. How many other young quarterbacks were a "sure thing" and tanked. Let's end this season of a sport where fans live for a game go into the 14th inning tied 0 to 0! Bring on the NFL and some excitement!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
My local team got your QB. Who's the replacement?
Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech. Had a stellar college career. Drafted last year by the Chiefs as a backup to Smith. Mahomes looked really good in both preseason and in a couple regular season games when he stepped in for Smith. Reid is really high on him. A number of veterans on the team have openly expressed optimism. They say he has been a motivational leader in the early drills.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech. Had a stellar college career. Drafted last year by the Chiefs as a backup to Smith. Mahomes looked really good in both preseason and in a couple regular season games when he stepped in for Smith. Reid is really high on him. A number of veterans on the team have openly expressed optimism. They say he has been a motivational leader in the early drills.
Dan Snyder going for the quick fix again. Smith is good, but I would have rather seen them invest in Cousins. Since I'm a Bronco fan I really don't care, but I am inundated with Redskins news, so I follow them.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Dan Snyder going for the quick fix again. Smith is good, but I would have rather seen them invest in Cousins. Since I'm a Bronco fan I really don't care, but I am inundated with Redskins news, so I follow them.
Smith is extremely conservative. Doesn't make many mistakes. Hates to throw the ball downfield. He's benefitted from a fairly good offensive line and some good running backs. Even though he won quite a few games with the Chiefs, lost a number because he did not have the ability to come back from behind. Reservedly optimistic about Mahomes. Just saw too many other stalwarts leave. Some were getting "long in the tooth". Going to be a rebuilding year.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Hoping the Packers show up with a defense this year. So glad they got rid of Dumb Capers. Offense should be great with Rodgers and a REAL tight end.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hoping the Packers show up with a defense this year. So glad they got rid of Dumb Capers. Offense should be great with Rodgers and a REAL tight end.
Always been a Packers fan. Especially cheered for them when Jordy was there. Now that he's gone and playing for the "bad guys" will see how the season goes.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I knew it was getting close...guys at work are talking fantasy football constantly.

I don't mind watching the Packers, and I keep up with them, but those guys are on another level...they know every team and almost all the players. I don't know how they keep it all straight.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Sherman's gone, Chancellor is on the PUP list (out for season), Bennett is gone, Thomas in contract dispute... the Legion of Boom is dead. The Seahawks are going to have to rely on their offense this year, but at least the O-line is getting better so it might not be too bad. Likely 10-6 and in the playoffs but not much more than that.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I knew it was getting close...guys at work are talking fantasy football constantly.

I don't mind watching the Packers, and I keep up with them, but those guys are on another level...they know every team and almost all the players. I don't know how they keep it all straight.
One of our daughters and her husband play EXTREMELY competitive fantasy football. They know the entire roster of every NFL team... by memory!! The past two years, the daughter has won their fantasy league. Has rec'd a pretty good chunk of change.
She and one of the granddaughters are also like that with NASCAR. The granddaughter is 12. She can tell you what place half the drivers finished in two or three races ago. By 16, she'll be chewing tobacco and wearin' Confederate flag shirts!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
One of our daughters and her husband play EXTREMELY competitive fantasy football. They know the entire roster of every NFL team... by memory!! The past two years, the daughter has won their fantasy league. Has rec'd a pretty good chunk of change.
She and one of the granddaughters are also like that with NASCAR. The granddaughter is 12. She can tell you what place half the drivers finished in two or three races ago. By 16, she'll be chewing tobacco and wearin' Confederate flag shirts!!
tenor.gif

🔥 Latest posts